Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
How about mounting the mesh to form a diamond shape effect . Also, use a flexible material for the tabs so you can bend/shape them inside and around the edge/back of the bezel. Then put foam/cushion material on the tabs where it will make contact with the headlight.

This is how I mounted my stone guard screen. Using just a 3M tape.

Awesome mounting job and nice photos of the install.

Can I ask, how exactly did you mount the velcro?

Well done.

I just kinda put mine back there and button it up, you can still twist it a bit as well.

Works really well actually, so you are going to have to "differentiate" (Marketing Speak) your product from the rest.

You have already done that.

I say you just do the 4 cross members (2 horizontal & 2 vertical) , with the rock guard screen behind it, and then provide all the velcro and tape for a "behind-the-bezel" install.

It will certainly be more expensive than the cheap rock guards, but having another (much more aggressive) alternative is always good for the industry/customer (IMHO).

-

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yeah, but I said put the bars horizontal, so that makes it COMPLETELY DIFFERENT!!!! :bigthumb:

Repetition was for emphasis.
It's OK. I don't know you, but I still love you.:lol:
Thanks for backing me up.

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
BUMP!
How are these coming along? I really like these, be it 2 or 4 or vert. or horiz. I like these.:bigthumb: How is the mounting system progressing? These are sweet but I'm not drilling my bezel.:cheers:

·
Registered
24 Posts
I'd be very interested in purchasing a set of your new FJ stone protectors as there does not seem to be a reliable vendor/suppliers out there with 7 inch headlight protection options.

My vote would be for the back screen w/the two outer bars, with no external screws.

Please update us on your progress!
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,257 Posts
How about something like what was used in the Blitz in England during WWII, black-out covers?

Here's a photo of a pretty worn out one, but you get the idea:

Actually, maybe something like louvers, that can be locked open or closed?

Just tossing out ideas. I like the bars and mesh of the current prototype so far...

·
fka trailman
849 Posts
What do you guys think about this? We will be welding a mesh behind the two bars to give it more of the dome shape. we are also figuring out how to make it fit between the bezel and the headlight dome with our it scratching and rusting onto it. I have had that problem personally.:bigthumb: -Ivan

id buy that.... i like it :bigthumb:

·
Registered
728 Posts
id buy that.... i like it :bigthumb:
I like them just like that, mesh in the back two bars mounted into the bezel.
Any idea when & how much for a set?

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I like them just like that, mesh in the back two bars mounted into the bezel.
Any idea when & how much for a set?
Agree with the design.:clap: How much and when?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
I would buy these. I would offer them with and without the mesh though. I would just want the two vertical bars because the mesh would make it impossible to clean the headlight.

·
Registered
61 Posts
What do you guys think about this? We will be welding a mesh behind the two bars to give it more of the dome shape. we are also figuring out how to make it fit between the bezel and the headlight dome with our it scratching and rusting onto it. I have had that problem personally.:bigthumb: -Ivan

sell a pair like that that squeezes between the bezel and I am definately down to buy...just tell me when they are on the market...

·
RIP Tim
885 Posts
sell a pair like that that squeezes between the bezel and I am definately down to buy...just tell me when they are on the market...
Me 2 tuck the mounting screws behind the bezal and put me down for a set!!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Where do we sign up?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
What ever happened with these? Dead in the water?

·
Registered
128 Posts
good question, looks like a good product???

·
Registered
4,894 Posts
They haven't posted anything on the forum since 11-04-2009, 03:17 PM. I think we all demanded too much of this product anyway. They probably figured it would've been a quick product to produce until we got too fussy about how it should mount. LOL

I have a feeling if they just released it how they intended it to be... they would sell quite a few?

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Maybe shoot them an email?

41 - 58 of 58 Posts