Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what is recommended to do with the little bulge that covered the body mount after you chop it? I've seen some pics where it was left out, one person cut it, I just smashed it down after heating it up in front of my shop heater, but don't think it's going to stay smashed. Someone told me I needed to keep it to keep road grime out of the body mount area or it will rust, I live in the midwest so road salt is an issue. I do like the bottom edge in front of the rock guard and don't really want to loose the "finnished" look at the bottome of the fender flare
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,688 Posts
RAD Design makes a replacement for the rubber liners in the front wheel wells. It also replaces the plastic panel with the “bump” with a rubber panel. Great product.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i just cut a wedge out of mine so it would lay flat and put a couple pop rivets in to hold the flap flat. then i sealed it all up with RTV. it hasn't moved in 7 years.

·
Registered
9,682 Posts
I left my chop open, so I pretty much just smashed the flap back into it as best I could. Has worked for a few years now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I have the rad rubber fillers discussed above. I had them on for a couple weeks before I ditched the flaps so I don’t need the rubber inserts anymore - I’ll give them to you for $10 bucks + shipping if you want them - or you could just remove the mud flaps like I did :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update... I cut slits and folded it dow. And put self tapping screws to hold it and then covered it in spray on undercoating. (Broke my brand new rivet tool first time I tried to use it):mad: we'll see how it holds up to winter this year.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts