Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

341 - 360 of 381 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
So I just did this with the switch and I have a problem. When I switch the toggle to off, all the traction off lights come on, as they are supposed to, in addition to my e-brake light. When I switch the toggle back to on, all of the lights still stay on until I turn the ignition off them back on again
:(

Update
Never mind I decided to read more of the posts and saw the blue yellow wire method
Is the ebrake light normal tho?

·
Registered
27 Posts
has anyone figured out a way to clear all the dash lights you get when dooing this? i.e. parking brake light, vsc light (an obvious one) tc light, but when the car has been cycled on and off they remain on the dash...... it gets confusing

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Maybe I'm way off base... but I have an 08 with MT. When I shift into hi-lock the VSC (off) and Diff Lock indicators come on. I am assuming (yeah I know) that when I shift the transfer case into hi-lock, it makes a switch that then tells the ECU to turn off VSC.. and notifies the driver that the transfer case is now locked..

What if I use the output side of that switch and send the signal? The Diff wont be physically locked, but the ECU wont know that... It will shut off the VSC without any other warning lights going off...

It seems too simple, is it???

·
Premium Member
70 Posts
Ok , so after reading countless pages for days ... I'm wondering why one of our electrical gurus have not searched as to what Toyota did to the 08/14 with the install of the factory switch .

Our electrical harnesse can't be that much different to see where they tapped into to install from the factory .

I'm very interested in doing this and i am now speaking with one of our own who has done the hack to get my 07's switch installed .

Just wondering is all .....

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Ok , so after reading countless pages for days ... I'm wondering why one of our electrical gurus have not searched as to what Toyota did to the 08/14 with the install of the factory switch .

Our electrical harnesse can't be that much different to see where they tapped into to install from the factory .

I'm very interested in doing this and i am now speaking with one of our own who has done the hack to get my 07's switch installed .

Just wondering is all .....
Are you saying there is a VSC cancel switch on newer models?

·
Premium Member
1,470 Posts
Not in a 2008.... So where can I see a wiring diagram which includes that switch? And a part number for the switch... ?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Do not ground[/COLOR] the switch to illuminate the switch light. When I did this the rear locker light was half illuminated.
This switch will turn off the VSC and ABS at the same time ( lights that come on are ABS, VSC off, and Squiggly car). You are able to turn it back on at any time and do not have to cycle the engine.
If you do this mod you are responsible for your own actions. I am posting this only to let people know what I did. I am not responsible for your actions and what you do to your vehicle.

I would like to thank original poster of the pics that I stole to make my post.
Is there anyway to do this that you can ground the switch and have the led light work on it?

·
Premium Member
152 Posts
Just did the blue/yellow switch (#148) on my 2007 MT6 and LOVE IT!
Used a toggle so I didn't have to worry about needing the light to tell if it was on/off.

Process was so easy I assumed I had got it wrong.

Only difficulty was keeping the wires clear of my clutch pedal. If you use that rubber grommet to come through the firewall and you have an older MT6, your wires end up poking through right above the clutch. Took some creative maneuvering to get the wires on the left side and up out of the way.

Big thanks to everyone who helped put this together and kept the thread alive over the years. HUGE help!

·
Registered
514 Posts
I just read all 35 pages and never saw a mention of if the blue/yellow wire is tapable from inside the cab. I already have a ton of wires going through the firewall and would prefer not to add two more. Is there a place I can tap it in the cab?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
732 Posts
Is there a way to relocate the switch? I would like to move it to either on the left side by the roll over switch or up top with the crawl control cluster...

·
Registered
204 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts

·
Registered
2,925 Posts
Thanks! I know this has been covered to death and back. I did my due diligence and searched and read and searched and read some more, but I hadn't found that method. It will be done today.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
The search feature sucks, the goggle search isn't that great either.

·
Registered
68 Posts
I'm going to try it as soon as I get the time. Hopefully today.

EDIT: Don't try this! After doing the jumper wire connection and turning on the IGN, the VSC off light didn't come on and now, neither the VSC off or 4wd symbol come on when I put the truck into 4 wheel drive. The truck does go into and out of 4wd though, which was verified in a short test drive on dry pavement. Back to the drawing board.
I just bought a 2k14 FJ and the VSC OFF light doesn't come on when I shift into 4Hi, could the previous owner have done this mod?

341 - 360 of 381 Posts