Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my Donahoe front and Demello rear solution shipped to me. Pretty excited but I've decided not to install myself this time. I lined up a local outfit called Lancer Automotive and 4x4 in Salt Lake City. If anyone has any experience with them let me know before Monday please. They are doing the front and rear for $300 which I thought was reasonable.

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
FYI, I have been in SLC 15 years and wheelin for 8. Have never heard of them pro or con. You might try a quote from JACKIT on redwood road. They specialize in this stuff. Good luck..Your dealer may also do this, mine did. Mark Miller toyota. Installed complete OEM lift. I think the labor was $350.00..

·
Registered
345 Posts
FYI, I have been in SLC 15 years and wheelin for 8. Have never heard of them pro or con. You might try a quote from JACKIT on redwood road. They specialize in this stuff. Good luck..Your dealer may also do this, mine did. Mark Miller toyota. Installed complete OEM lift. I think the labor was $350.00..
Man, times have changed I guess! I was curious how much Mark Miller Toyota would charge to swap out just the struts, upper control arms, and rear springs, so I asked for a quote from them today. The service guy didn't quite take my words verbatim so here's a labor quote for a complete suspension replacement.

I'm assuming this also includes all the control arms front and back and rear shocks because, well, $726 ?! Ouch.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Mark Miller has always done quality work for me, but obviously a dealership is going to overcharge quite a bit.

JACK-IT seems like they do good work as well. I'm going to call them and ask for a very specific quote.

I would attempt to do a suspension upgrade myself if I had all the tools and the space to do it, but I figure for less than the cost of the tools I can have someone with wayyy more experience handle it. I'm tempted to contact Cruiser Outfitters as well, but from everything I've read, it sounds like he's basically a one-man show and a busy one at that.

If any of you have more current info on a decent shop that could help out on a suspension upgrade, that would be most helpful.

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Yeah I don't have much info to help out. I had my lift adjusted at a Toyota dealership in Orem cuz I was working there at the time and got a nice discount.

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,832 Posts
I got/get all my work done at Tony Divino in Riverdale. I've heard some good things about I think it's called Fat Bob's something or other. I know some of his parts are popular on the Tundra forum too. Not sure where he's located.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
I've not had great luck with custom work done by Mark Miller Toyota. They installed my ARB bumper and winch in 2006 on the new vehicle and messed it up twice. Even now, my indicator and turn lights are reversed on one side from the other.

I'm about to put in the Dirty Parts dual-battery setup and I will finally fix their wiring. I already had to make them redo it twice; they claimed that the issue was that ARB was a "Jeep company who makes Jeep things and used Jeep connectors that they can't crimp because they are a Toyota shop". I might add that Mark Miller was an ARB dealer who sold me the bumper.

They are very nice guys, and I WON'T use the LHM dealerships for anything. But Mark Miller's service shop has screwed something up almost every time I go in, and that's with three Toyota vehicles. There is always an oil leak or a bad seal or something and it has to go back.

I want to like them, but it is hard.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts