Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
2014 Cement Gray FJ Cruiser
51 Posts
Final question before I take the leap. In the cargo area of my FJ, there is a big rubber mat (Made by Toyota). Did you install the Front Runner Drawer system on top of the rubber mat, or did you have to remove it. Just curious if the instructions provided any guidance on removing or keeping the existing rubber mat. Thanks in advance.

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
I put mine on over it...

D ? ?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I put mine on over it...

D ? ?
Thanks... That would be my preference. I think I will order this weekend... I am just trying to make sure there is no interference with my OrangeBoxx fold down table... But with us the 24.4" wide dimension... I think it will work if I push it back as close as I can to rear seat. I can use the side panel and leave our the rear deck... Or I could order the drawer with no panels. Thanks for the post and replies.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
I also put the pad on top. My OrangeBoxx fold down table also fits with the drawer installed.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
We're you able to use the back top panel?

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
We're you able to use the back top panel?
I'm not sure of the question, but I have a Springtail fold down table/Molle rack mounted to the upper portion of the rear "gate" w/ no interference.
HTH!
D ? ?

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I'm not sure of the question, but I have a Springtail fold down table/Molle rack mounted to the upper portion of the rear "gate" w/ no interference.
HTH!
D ? ?
The question was related to the top side and rear panels that come with the drawer system.. But I ordered mine this weekend... I'll post some before and after photos

·
Premium Member
249 Posts
Oh, OK!(y)
Yes, although not super easy to access (if you decide to use the rear panel) I store my KSG there (you can access by dropping the seat backs, I haven't removed the center support yet to gain topside access);
I use the side panels for my jumper cables, ammo box w/ air comp. accessories, LED drop light, extension cords & weird shaped stuff; they are very easy to get into & there is no interference with subwoofer or jack compartment. all the top surfaces are carpeted, & unit is super sturdy, I store other gear on top of it.
A bonus is the shipping box, I'm still thinking about converting it to a storage box/toy box for my new grandkids (!?!)
Bookmark this page, 'cuz some of the instructions were not so clear (see my earlier post) but I REALLY am pleased with the product!
HTH!
D??

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Sorry, a bit late. Yes, I have all of the side and back panels installed. Great places to store stuff.

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
I got my front runner drawer and deck system installed today. No issues with the installation... I did leave the rubber mat under the drawer which is rubbing on the door when closing. I had no clearance issues with Orange Boxx rear door Molle table or the Molle boxes.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Nice.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts