Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this is the right place for this. If not, sorry.
I picked this up on Amazon for like $40.
Here's a quick breakdown:
1. Figured out placement of rear facing camera.
2. Mounted camera and drilled a hole behind spare tire mount.
3. Ran wires through rear door and rubber boot going into cabin.
4. Tucked the wires under interior trim along the driver's side and under entry kick plate up to fuse box.
5. Removed pillar cover and ran a coat hanger down from the top to fish the line up.
6. Tucked the rear camera line and power line (jumped right off the fuse box) up the side of the pillar and along the head liner to the mirror.
7. Put everything back together.
8. Cut hole in the spare tire cap for the camera. (Probably going to buy another cap and redo, got a little dremel happy).

Pretty easy install, just time consuming.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks good!
Working on a similar project myself. How was it getting the wire under the headliner to the mirror?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Looks good!
Working on a similar project myself. How was it getting the wire under the headliner to the mirror?
Piece of cake. I used 2 trim tools to give me a little space and fed the line right in. Just don't pull too hard on the headliner, it doesn't take much.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I just installed a similar setup. I just need to mount my rear camera in stock location and tie into rev lights. Mine uses the whole mirror as a screen. Plan on moybe moving camera this weekend. Really simple install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts