Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Over the weekend I installed the Daystar 2 1/2” Leveling Kit. So far I've only installed the fronts. Currently all fender flairs are at 36". This week I'm going to install the rear, which will probably give it a little rake. I rather have a little rack, so when I am trailering the sleds the rear won't be sagging.

The kit was pretty easy to install.
There were a couple of things I did that were not in the instructions.

Unbolt the stabilizer bar from the frame; otherwise you can’t get the strut out. Keep on hitting the side of the upper ball joint until it release; it will after about 50 hits with a hammer and make sure you leave the nut on so it doesn’t explode in your face.
I couldn't get the lower control arm low enough to get the strut with the extender back in, so I wrapped a ratchet strap around the bottom of the strut and then across to the other side’s lower control arm. I slowly ratcheted until it popped into the cradle and lined up the holes for the bolt.

Oh and don't forget to use the Loctite that I found after I installed the first strut. I think it will be fine w/o the Loctite

I think it makes the FJ look 100% better and it rides pretty much the same as stock.

I will add more pics after I install the rears

Before:

After front kit was installed.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Installed the rear spacers.

Fender hight before and after installation of both front and rear spacers

Before front 33 3/4"
After front 36 1/2"
Before rear 36 1/2"