Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had some aluminum spacer blocks installed up front 1 1/2" thick and now the front end sits about 1/2 higher than the back. Has anyone else ran into this?? I don't imagine it's going to come down? I'm assuming the spacers should have been more like 1 1/4??

·
Registered
449 Posts
After driving around for a bit?

·
Registered
449 Posts
The blocks weren't 1 1/2" thick, were they? They would lift more than 1 1/2" because they are closer to the pivot than the wheel.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they were 1 1/2. I talked with the company that made them and they are now shipping me out another pair that are 1 1/4" thick. I'll give them a try when they come in.

Does that sound about right?

·
Registered
449 Posts
I bet that will do it.

·
Registered
876 Posts
I just had some aluminum spacer blocks installed up front 1 1/2" thick and now the front end sits about 1/2 higher than the back. Has anyone else ran into this?? I don't imagine it's going to come down? I'm assuming the spacers should have been more like 1 1/4??
All must understand and remember, that when trying to level the FJ:

The factory stance of "a bit nose down in the front" is designed into the body and the corresponding difference in height from the sill to front and rear wheel wells/fender lip.

To try and level the vehicle by getting the wheel well/fender lip distances equal (front to rear), you will be in fact raising the front higher than the rear in terms of how the body is designed and how flat and parallel the vehicle sits to the ground (reference the frame and measure here to confirm this).

The best thing to do is to raise the vehicle equally front to back or as close as possible to maintain correct relationship and proportion.

A.W.D.

·
Registered
449 Posts
All must understand and remember, that when trying to level the FJ:

The factory stance of "a bit nose down in the front" is designed into the body and the corresponding difference in height from the sill to front and rear wheel wells/fender lip.

To try and level the vehicle by getting the wheel well/fender lip distances equal (front to rear), you will be in fact raising the front higher than the rear in terms of how the body is designed and how flat and parallel the vehicle sits to the ground (reference the frame and measure here to confirm this).

The best thing to do is to raise the vehicle equally front to back or as close as possible to maintain correct relationship and proportion.

A.W.D.
The FJ doesn't come level.

I have a 3/2 OME lift from Toytec.
My frame is level at 16.5".
My rockers are level at 20 7/8".

It looks like it has a little rake because the front fender arch is lower( in relation to the rocker) than the rear.

·
Registered
449 Posts
SUVs and trucks come with rake in the suspension to prevent too much sag when loaded. Too much rear sag unloads the front wheels causing wander and understeer.

3/2 lift will take out most of the rake but not all of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts