Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i finally installed my buds today...except for the gas tank skid. Thanks NCFJ and Bud for the groupbuy!

here is a pic from the front:

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Looks awesome!!!!:rocker: Nice job!!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
6,162 Posts
Glad to see that you got them on. A bunch of us are going to Coal Creek, Tn August 2&3 the Harlan is the following weekend. Want to go dent your new Buds? :) send me a PM

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, all!

there was group buy recently?
it was a couple months ago, but surprisingly, not as many takers as i thought there would be.

Glad to see that you got them on. A bunch of us are going to Coal Creek, Tn August 2&3 the Harlan is the following weekend. Want to go dent your new Buds? :) send me a PM
they do need some scars! my brother-in-law should be in town around one of those weekends and i'm sure he would love to do some trail riding. i will see if the calender is free for those weekends. Thanks again, NCFJ!

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good choice on the color.... and brand. :bigthumb:
thanks! i must have sprayed that front plate with three different colors before deciding on sticking with the red. i used Krylon Aluminum (too bling), Krylon Gray (not too bad), Krylon Primer Gray (liked it a lot but chips too easily), and then Krylon Safety Red (damn bright red!). i wanted to try a kawasaki green type color or a similar green to Bud's color, but wasn't able to find a close enough match at my local lowe's. after i run out of the remaining safety red for touch-ups, i will probably spray it all black, so i can use the same paint for all my touch-ups.

·
Premium Member
897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
1 - 11 of 11 Posts