Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how much for the grille and who did you order it from?
got it locally, just don't want to give out my source in case i am not supposed to be able to obtain these parts. price for the grill was 130 and everything (mirrors, door handles, key bezels and grill) was around 550.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Awesome pictures!! I like the TT parts, I also like it with the bumper accents remaining silver instead of blacked out...but that's just me.:cheers:

·
Registered
458 Posts
got it locally, just don't want to give out my source in case i am not supposed to be able to obtain these parts. price for the grill was 130 and everything (mirrors, door handles, key bezels and grill) was around 550.
ahhh... my spray paint job is starting to flake a bit on my black out grille.... wondering if purchasing the grille would be worth it.
130 bucks... maybe later on. thanx

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
could you please provide me with a part number for the grill, thanks
sent you a pm

ahhh... my spray paint job is starting to flake a bit on my black out grille.... wondering if purchasing the grille would be worth it.
the prices i paid are for family members. not sure what the actual retail price, but it could be around 20-30% more than that.

·
Premium Member
17,095 Posts
Nice pics of the Trail Team parts!

·
Trail Snail
3,246 Posts
The parts are very nice. But I'm very impressed with the photography too :bigthumb:.

·
Premium Member
2,943 Posts
The parts are very nice. But I'm very impressed with the photography too :bigthumb:.
x2! I used to have a Nikon D50 before I went to my Canon Rebel XTi. I can't say that I took any pictures near that quality with that camera. (Not the camera's fault, the operator's). Fantastic shots!

The other wonder is why the FJ is so clean around all that dirt! It wants to be DIRTY!!!

Thanks for sharing =)

·
Registered
135 Posts
Congratz on the install. I personally got my grille, mirrors and door handles professionally painted matte black and paid a total of 150 bucks. It looks exactly the same as the trail teams parts for a fraction of the cost.

I would have put the extra money on a winch or something more useful. Again that is just me speaking out load.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The other wonder is why the FJ is so clean around all that dirt! It wants to be DIRTY!!!

Thanks for sharing =)
i am a car guy so i have to clean it every once in a while. i really only clay bar and wax it once a year, two if i can find the time. it will be getting dirty soon. I would go out this weekend, but have family coming into town.

Congratz on the install. I personally got my grille, mirrors and door handles professionally painted matte black and paid a total of 150 bucks. It looks exactly the same as the trail teams parts for a fraction of the cost.

I would have put the extra money on a winch or something more useful. Again that is just me speaking out load.
150 sounds like a good deal, but have to wonder if they used a flex agent or just painted it. i couldn't have the car down for the 2-4 days it would take to remove the parts and have them painted. since i do take it out on trails the paint is going to eventually get rock chips and need to be touched up. what is useful for you may not be useful for me. I don't plan on going to places where i will need to be winched out since this is a daily driver and adding a bumper is not on my short list. considering i only paid 250 for the mirrors and others paid 420ish, that is a good deal to me.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
really? either you used a bad quality paint or didnt prep it correctly. All my painted parts are holding up insanely well. I mentioned in another thread that I ripped my driver side mirror off on a tree and the paint wasn't phased a bit.
I love the black out look, I just couldn't see spending hundreds on parts when 3 cans of paint and a can of naptha does the same thing. I'm not knocking ya I'm just more of a do it yourselfer.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Great looking FJ! Awesome photography!!

·
Registered
517 Posts
I hope you didn't pay more than 60 for those tundra handles marketed as trail team handles.
x2...one small diff between the tt and tundra handles is the tundras don't have a passenger tumbler, just a blank where the key would go. That being said I passed on the tt and went tundra myself.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts