Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The new Expedition One 2 gallon washer bottle arrived the other day as well as my Demello Baja Style Aluminum Bumper. I installed everything at once in my garage in about 5 hours with breaks for showing a little face time with the kids and wife. I was able to install the bumper by myself because it weighed almost nothing!

First, I had to disconnect everything:

This is how I got to the rear washer bottle bolt:

Then I put the bottom bracket in and re-routed the hoses:

Next is was time to install the bottle:

I used dishsoap and a screwdrive to get the grommets in the holes:

And voila!

·
Registered
449 Posts
Thanks Stormer... good timing. I have my DO Alum Evil Eye coming from Jason. I was thinking about doing the washer bottle while I wait for the bumper to get here; however after reveiwing your process, it looks easier to install the new one with the factory bumper OFF. Agree?

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I absolutely agree. I had the washer bottle waiting around for a few weeks because the reason I ordered it was so that I wouldn't have one sticking out when the bumper came in. Also, that way, you can do everything at once, starting with the washer bottle. Good luck!

·
Premium Member
1,629 Posts
Another great thread with pics that really help in seeing easily how to install the new plastic bottle. I'm really thankful to those of you that have done this stuff first and take the time to put something like this together!

Almost done installing mine. Didn't get any hardware with it though. Luckily found 4 screws in the garage that fit the holes in the engine bay and going to try a battery hold-down to run between the bottom and top bracket.

:cheers:

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Another great thread with pics that really help in seeing easily how to install the new plastic bottle. I'm really thankful to those of you that have done this stuff first and take the time to put something like this together!

Almost done installing mine. Didn't get any hardware with it though. Luckily found 4 screws in the garage that fit the holes in the engine bay and going to try a battery hold-down to run between the bottom and top bracket.

:cheers:
I'm glad you were able to use the info in the post to help with your install...crazy though they didn't include hardware. Hope the install goes smooth for you!

·
Vendor
542 Posts
I just installed one of these in my 2010 4Runner.

The 4Runner does not have the hole in the fender for the bracket so you have to make one and put the nut on from the underside after pealing back the fender liner.

For getting those pumps in, there is the hard way and the simple way. The simple way is to remove the gasket from the pump and install that in the tank. Then press the pump into the gasket.

G

·
Premium Member
1,518 Posts
Great write up and photos Stormer! Thanks. Your FJ looks great with that DO bumper. :rocker:

Augusta? You stationed at Ft. Gordon?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Another thank you to stormer for this. The photos were a huge help for my install.
Hands down the biggest pain in my bumper install this weekend was the washer bottle removal. That third bolt under the fender was a beast for me.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Just did mine as well. The pictures were a great help.

I agree the bolt behind the wheel well was the hardest one. I did not take off the screw holding the fender flare. I just bent the plastic back and had like 5 extensions with a 10mm socket and was able to get it off. The last bolt on the inside of the fender flare has no obstructions to it.

Will see if I can add pics.

Thanks to Stormer

·
Premium Member
325 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Right on! Glad it has worked out for all of you.

·
Registered
3,313 Posts
Another Thank You for this write up and pics as they are a great help. I'll be using it this weekend.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
well I just finished this install, after having had the kit for many months. Driving with no windshield washer is a drag

It went surprisingly well. No real issues at all except the accidental reversal of the two water lines. It was interesting seeing the rear washer flow when I was pulling the front washer lever lol

·
Registered
17 Posts
Great thread. I just installed, with the help of this thread, on a 2012 FJ. I do have some advice that makes install a little easier. When you are trying to put the pump motor(s) into the new bottle there is a rubber grommet that is around the pump. Take the grommet off and install it into the bottle then push the pump into the grommet/bottle. Mine slid right in. It was much easier than trying to put the pump(s) in while the grommet was still on the pump.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I just received my Exp-One bottle - I had a Demello bumper/winch/etc fitted by a shop a week ago. But I can't for the life of me see the bolts that hold the existing bottle in place. I'd prefer not to take my FJ back to the shop for a job which I ought to be able to do in under an hour myself.

Is it even possible to access the bolts without removing the bumper and the stock beam that's behind it? I would really appreciate some advice here from someone who has been there / done it.

Many thanks...

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Great photos and description. Has anyone installed this solution, with the add-on emission relocate kit, in a 2013/2014 FJ? I just ordered one to use with my All Pro bumper and thought I would check on any previous experience. Thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts