Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installed Prothane 19-1162 19mm type A bushing with bracket. They are skinnier then the original and do not go up to the guides/raised portion of the sway. Is that ok? Type B was also available but I was unsure what the difference was and this model number was supposedly spec’ed for a 13 FJ. What are others using? I was trying to “upgrade” bushings to get a somewhat firmer ride while cornering. The FJ is running pretty heavy now.

Thanks

Attachments

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Installed Prothane 19-1162 19mm type A bushing with bracket. They are skinnier then the original and do not go up to the guides/raised portion of the sway. Is that ok? Type B was also available but I was unsure what the difference was and this model number was supposedly spec’ed for a 13 FJ. What are others using? I was trying to “upgrade” bushings to get a somewhat firmer ride while cornering. The FJ is running pretty heavy now.
Thanks
Where did you see the "supposedly spec'ed for a 13 FJ" information?

Looking at the Prothane website, I couldn't find anything listed for FJ Cruisers, and their listings for 4WD 4Runners only cover models up to 2004.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where did you see the "supposedly spec'ed for a 13 FJ" information?

Looking at the Prothane website, I couldn't find anything listed for FJ Cruisers, and their listings for 4WD 4Runners only cover models up to 2004.
Miscommunication on my end, I’ll clarify. Prothane has a universal line of bushings. Specs for a 2013 rear is 19mm sway bar thickness. Bolt spacing is also taken into account. Rear bolt spacing is around 70mm. If you go to their website and look under the universal bushings they list the part numbers by size and category. Type A/B greaseable and A/B non-greaseable. Note that bracket width is not taken into account on their chart. The ones I purchased fall within the 19mm sway bar thickness and around 70mm bolt spacing. The only other one that would fit is a Type B non-greaseable that is just a tad bit taller.

Any recommendations for direct replacements?

I’m honestly not sure that the guides play any integral part to the function of the sway bar, but again I am not willing to bet my rig on it. Any input much appreciated.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts