Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My FJ is arriving tomorrow 2/8 on a vessel from Japan to Jax, Fl. I work for Toyota here in Jax, so I will be able to watch her come off the vessel and get accessories installed on her!

Anyway, I am looking into cold air intakes and to lift it about 3 inches.

What intakes do you recommend and where to purchase them?

Also, the same for the lift? What manufacturer do you recommend and where to purchase from?

Thanks! I will look picts in about a week when I take possession.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Congrats in advance.

Regarding the intake (CAI) I'm really not sure whether TRD has manufactured one for 2010-2011.

As for the lift, I vote for ICON. Check the forum supporting vendors, they usually offer special prices for forum members.

Good luck and enjoy your new toy :)

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
Take a look at the stock CAI intake before you prematurely decide it needs to be replaced. You’ll soon see why nobody has made an aftermarket CAI.
In other words, aftermarket ones haven't proven themselves to make more power or be any more fuel efficient. If you're going to supercharge it, you should probably look into one, but otherwise, you'd be better off adding that money to other parts.
What kind of off road driving will you be doing and what kind of budget do you have in mind for your lift?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the input thus far.

Yeah, I work for Toyota, and even the parts dept at work hasn't seen anything for 2011 yet on them, just intakes up to 2010.

So no go on intake it sounds like.

Ummm regarding the lift and money I plan to spend, and what type of offroading. The offroading would be nothing major, I live in Florida so most everything is flat, and when going offroading it would be more of trails than anything. Since I will be saving with possibly not buying an intake, I will have more to spend on a lift. I mostly want the lift for looks and then some minor trail offroading.

Really looking fwd to tomorrow (2/8), when my FJ arrives from Japan to Jacksonville,FL. I will see her tomorrow, but she will be pretty bare - at my work they will do the rock rails, TRD exhaust, roof rack, TRD wheels/BFG tires, and other small things.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FJ3411, congrats on your new FJ, that's awesome that you get to watch her roll onto US soil. Keep us updated with what suspension you decide on. I'm in the same boat, id like a more rugged stance with moderate offroad ventures planned.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
So what is your budget for your lift? Alot depends on how deep your wallet is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts