Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think about this? It is a 7" screen navigation system.
Features:
Navigation system that is pretty up to date pulls up my neighborhood built late last year.
Plays mp3s has sd card slot as well as a usb cabe on the side if you want to go through your mp3 directly.
Also has video audio inputs I hooked up a cd player to it and was watching gone in sixthy seconds.
Also has a built in fm modulator in order to get the sound on your car radio.
These are what we will be using to install at our dealer I like the bigger screen compared to the 4-5" the one that comes out this summer is supposed to have the garmin from toyota. I test fitted it in the pocket on the dash and it fits good but I could not get the antenna to stick out therefore, I lost reception on the nav.
I was just test fitting it last night so there are wires all over the place I will end up running them down the triple guages and hard wiring it. I also like the fact that it pops out of its slot and you can take it with you or mount it in another car.

·
Registered
611 Posts
yeah...i think i'll stick with my quest II

·
Registered
310 Posts
I tested my Sony PSP in the driver glove box and it sits in there perfectly.. I am a tall guy so even with the box door all the way up (PSP makes it open about 3/4) it dosen't block my view of the road. Now for Sony to come out with a GPS for the PSP (that dosen't attach to the top).

·
Registered
120 Posts
A bit big for my taste. I'm planning to use my Nokia 770 with an off the shelf GPS module and an open source hack I found at planet.maemo.org. The 770 can also surf the Web via wifi.

Now if I can just get my FJ.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Please post some pix of your wiring process. I'm interested in running some wiring through the Multi-Info Display area as well. Looks like a great unit and versitile too. Good luck with the rest of your install. Keep posting on it.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I thought it was going to be too big as well but now that
I have it in there it sits nice as far as obstructing the view I haven't had a problem with it yet I can see fine out the wide window.

·
fka JimmyHoops
2,839 Posts
I plan on installing a Pioneer AVIC Z-1 navigation system with a Sirius NAV-Traffic system which is blue tooth compatible and built in DVD player (with a 7" screen). It should fit in the stock location with custom brackets. I will add a rear camera made by Pioneer to aviod potential problems with the "C" pillars. I currently am running Boston Acustics Z and Pro series speakers with Alpine amps and a Boston Sub. I would also like to pick up a second Stock sub inclosure (provided that I can retofit the existing one) I'm a serious audiophile and want to gut the standard 9 speaker system immediatly after receiving my FJ. It gets off the boat on 4/20. I'll post pictures once the guys complete the system. For those who are curious...it will be an 8 grand plus system. It will blow doors on all but the most serious of home theater systems. I do intend to run the ceiling and pillar speakers (replaced with Boston's, of course) off of the Pioneer deck. It will have 12 speakers in all. The four spekers in the doors are capable of spliting into separates. I'm ready to ROCK once my cruiser gets off of the boat!

·
Registered
28 Posts
cool thing is that there is just so many different ways to customize, personalize and enjoy this fj. toyota really hit a home run on this one!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts