Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi People

Attended a Lifestyle Expo today up in Darwin , there was a large automotive display , Audi , HSV, Lexus lots of new model luxury cars. The stands were quiet, than when walking past the Toyota display , there was a Voodoo Blue FG , and a queue of people at each side door, pushing and shoving to have their turn to have a look inside...!! The interest in the other stands wasn't even close to what was happening with the FJ. I thinking Toyota have a winner here...:bigthumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi People

Attended a Lifestyle Expo today up in Darwin , there was a large automotive display , Audi , HSV, Lexus lots of new model luxury cars. The stands were quiet, than when walking past the Toyota display , there was a Voodoo Blue FG , and a queue of people at each side door, pushing and shoving to have their turn to have a look inside...!! The interest in the other stands wasn't even close to what was happening with the FJ. I thinking Toyota have a winner here...:bigthumb:
Mate just put my order in, cant wait!!! when I went to have a test drive i had to make a booking and even then had to wait until the three in front of me were finished!!, and Im in Hervey Bay ..... much interest there is !!!

you ??

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi there
Ordered mine on Thursday, lots of interest here , people not mucking around , buying them on the spot. Just have to wait now....

·
Registered
33 Posts
Gee with all the interest I might have to sell mine at a an inflated price. They put a smile on the dial of everyone who see it. Still to get it dirty.
Tony

·
Registered
60 Posts
Gee with all the interest I might have to sell mine at a an inflated price. They put a smile on the dial of everyone who see it. Still to get it dirty.
Tony
Mate after mine arrives we will have to organise a few M&G'S ....or even or the annual Fj Cruiser Fraser Capers trip!!!......lol

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess the nudge bar might be a bit gammon hey...
Dealer try and push the paint protection?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm going to wait for an ARB sahara bar.

l've ask arb an there isn't a Sahara bar on the horizon in any time soon, but if it does come in I'll simply have it changed over... the Sahara bar would look good!!

·
Registered
173 Posts
l've ask arb an there isn't a Sahara bar on the horizon in any time soon, but if it does come in I'll simply have it changed over... the Sahara bar would look good!!
I know but I spoke to guys at ARB and they said if enough people want it they will make it. I hope I'm not the only one who has emailed ARB about this. I will just have to wait and see.

·
Banned
274 Posts
It's a polarizing off roader for sure, I know I got mild wood when I first laid eyes on one in real life at my local dealers! I ONLY went to look at it cause a friend just bought a Kluger and was slagging the FJ saying it was **** and ugly etc........ Not the I am into ugly ****'s but I had to go have a look at it lol.

I just could not believe how Don Mega the construction of it was, and the fact it has a motor pointing the right way! has proper manual clutch fan, proper hydraulic steering, real 4WD drive train, unbelievable strong chassis, body, drive line, massive engine! and great efficiency.

I left the dealer detailing lot already deciding in my mind that I was buying one! no questions! without even driving one!... luckily for me another dealer still had one (only 80km away) and I got to go there and take it for a good drive on and off road, I just could not believe how great a 4WD it was! Our family has had Cruisers since 1982 and we still have our original HJ60 diesel, as well as a 100 Series TD manual. I had the old boy with me and he too said this thing is bull**** good! and I would buy one on the spot! coming from him with his pedigree of Cruiser ownership (including and original FJ40 shorty!) *I will scan a photo of it for you all* it was the clincher for me to order mine today.

These things are awesome, it is a real tragedy that Australia Toyota are so retarded and out of touch as to what people want in this country! better late than never I suppose!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts