Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I believe this pic (instagram) is from the UAE. I'm curious if the red bar in the back has any real application. I have seen them on
fullsizeoutput_901.jpeg
Challengers but they go from strut tower to strut tower. I can't make out the anchor points but I do like the look. I also like the painted plastic painted parts. My engine bay is cleaner than new, so I love engine bay bling!!!

·
Desert Moderator
6,699 Posts
On that FJ it's bling - that is not a functional brace.
There's a lot of blinged vehicles here... they love red seats too. I'm willing to put money down that FJ has red seats.

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I think that's just attached to sheet metal. It probably helps but not very strong. Unless you have a floppy firewall, you're fine skipping it. The correct way to tie it in similar to your challenger is the shock towers with a cross over bar. You can paint this part red too ;)

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Any chance the red bar serves as an electrical conduit?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I was looking at the Ultra Racing front brace and is for non-US versions because the mounting holes are not there. You would have to drill and tap them yourself.

I was about to buy but, found this out after clicking on "Full Description on the listing.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Cusco Japan sells that along with stronger sway bars for front and rear.
Looks like the Cusco front brace is only good for 07' - 11' FJ's. Perhaps, after 2011 Toyota stopped making the mount holes? IDK

Here is where I got the model year compatibility:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Looks like the Cusco front brace is only good for 07' - 11' FJ's. Perhaps, after 2011 Toyota stopped making the mount holes? IDK

Here is where I got the model year compatibility:
they are using it here on 2015+ model FJ Cruisers here in the Philippines as the vehicle is still sold here.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts