Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Interesting news on warranty issues for the Fj in Australia?

Hi Guy/ladies

As you know i was waiting on some information about dealer installed ARB bar, and got some disappointing yet interesting information back...put it this way my bar wont be going on for at least three years or 100k's.... :disgust:

as this information was given to me in confidence, I will not be posting it on a public forum, tho pm me and see what we can do!!

Did you guys have this problem in the states??

cheers

·
Registered
173 Posts
Does anyone know what you are not cover for if you put on a bar?? Is it the whole car or just suspension???? Or something else??

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
In the states we have an act/law called the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.
Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a vehicle for example:
Lets say you install an ARB bumper, and then 1 week later, your power windows stop working. A dealership cannot deny the warranty on your windows just because you put a bumper on.

However, say your front shocks blow out early due to the extra 150lbs of the ARB bumper. They could reject the warranty repair of your front shocks due to the extra weight causing them to fail early.

Simply adding a bumper is not going to void your entire warranty. Any dealership employee that says this is dumb and doesn't know what they're talking about, legally.
With so many 80, 100, 200 series there running ARB/TJM and such bull bars, i'd be surprised if it voided your warranty. I am sure companies like ARB won't be too happy about the huge marketplace they would be denied.

If you want a winch less than 30kg, you are going to have to run synthetic winch line. The Warn M8000 i believe weighs close to 80lbs. With synthetic line it's closer to 50lbs.
1kg = 2.204lbs conversion.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
"Competition" winches are also lighter. Mine is around 60 lbs.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Does anyone know what you are not cover for if you put on a bar?? Is it the whole car or just suspension???? Or something else??

Mate not as yet, there not real clear... ive been in touch with ARB today and waiting on response after consultation... there may be some light on the horizon as yet..... will keep you informed

cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
In the states we have an act/law called the Magnusson-Moss Warranty Act.
Magnuson?Moss Warranty Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Take a vehicle for example:
Lets say you install an ARB bumper, and then 1 week later, your power windows stop working. A dealership cannot deny the warranty on your windows just because you put a bumper on.

However, say your front shocks blow out early due to the extra 150lbs of the ARB bumper. They could reject the warranty repair of your front shocks due to the extra weight causing them to fail early.

Simply adding a bumper is not going to void your entire warranty. Any dealership employee that says this is dumb and doesn't know what they're talking about, legally.
With so many 80, 100, 200 series there running ARB/TJM and such bull bars, i'd be surprised if it voided your warranty. I am sure companies like ARB won't be too happy about the huge marketplace they would be denied.

If you want a winch less than 30kg, you are going to have to run synthetic winch line. The Warn M8000 i believe weighs close to 80lbs. With synthetic line it's closer to 50lbs.
1kg = 2.204lbs conversion.

lol, thanks for the conversion...heheheh

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just sent a pauline hanson to my dealer with a please explain!!! why they can pimp this one out and not another....:up_to_something:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
matter has been referred to ARB State manager, expecting a respond in the next few days...sound good tho... so lets hope common-sense prevales

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok guys, I've been contacted with some good news back from the, I must say vigilant and proactive folks at ARB.... in relation to any warranty issues with ARB's winch bar on a the Fj, whilst Toyota will not cover any warranty issues they may deem caused buy the attachment and or use of an ARB and or any other aftermarket bull bar, ARB are happy to cover their bar with full warranty of any issues that may be caused by their product.

As you all know ARB apply extensive R&D to all their products and are confident as proved over the last 6 year of supply and use on the Fj in the USA, that their product conforms with all AS and safe for use on the Fj.

Very impressed with the expeditious service from ARB, nice job guys !!:::bigthumb:

:cheers:

·
Registered
133 Posts
Fantastic, they've just confirmed me as a customer with this news!

Wonder if we'll be able to get something in writing from them (even a bullet point on their FJ Bullbar product page on the website?)

Would be nice to have this in writing for peace of mind.

·
Registered
33 Posts
They look pretty good and tough. I wonder about warranty issues fitting these as well as Airbag setup, how do they integrate the airbag sensors with these bars?
Tomy

·
Banned
274 Posts
They look pretty good and tough. I wonder about warranty issues fitting these as well as Airbag setup, how do they integrate the airbag sensors with these bars?
Tomy
No idea, and *for me* personally could not care less, they are all very very similar mounting systems. The crash sensor is simple G sensor so if you hit a wall hard enough it will go off LOL regardless of what is hanging off the front.

The style of these is excellent, very complex angles and overall size that *to me* fits the FJ the best. I sent them an E-Mail but got no response yet. At worst I'll get one of my American car contacts to buy it for me and send it to me if it all gets too hard to deal with them directly.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Fantastic, they've just confirmed me as a customer with this news!

Wonder if we'll be able to get something in writing from them (even a bullet point on their FJ Bullbar product page on the website?)

Would be nice to have this in writing for peace of mind.

Mate l have been informed that they are currently drafting up a warranty pro-former for the Fj and will be available with purchase/install.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Mate l have been informed that they are currently drafting up a warranty pro-former for the Fj and will be available with purchase/install.

Excellent news thanks mate!

The Road Armour bars that Rice Racing posted up, especially the ones with just the nudge bar, look awesome, although I imagine having an actual bar is going to better protect you from Roos etc.

I know many people claim that a roo bar won't protect your body work from a bull roo, however as just one example, my old man cleaned one up in his GU Patrol and just kept on going, few scratches to the bar, no scratches to the vehicle or occupants.

·
Banned
274 Posts
I'm just going to get the plain bumper with no bars on it, its really just protection from some **** reversing into you or hitting wombats, foxes, dogs, Liberal or One Nation supporters.

Still no reply from the company though.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts