Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have not seen a thread about these almost useless "tie downs". Has anyone have a better idea about what to replace these with for a better attachment point?

It would be nice to have something like what is on the floor back there.

After posting this, I saw Doomsday's post below.

·
Premium Member
6,057 Posts

Gary - I installed the Springtail MPAC over that area. Part of the install is to replace the grocery cleats with billet aluminum components made by FJOEL. I don't know if he'd sell them separately from the M-PAC kit or not, but it's more secure. If you plan to use those to secure cinch straps you'll be very unhappy when the walls bend in. They're not real hard points. There is no automobile FRAME backing for them. They're ok for very light use only.

The Scorpion Mount (now being constructed and tested) will provide hard points in the back that solve the problem you're talking about. You can follow progress on my build-up thread if you're interested.

·
Premium Member
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Gary - I installed the Springtail MPAC over that area. Part of the install is to replace the grocery cleats with billet aluminum components made by FJOEL. I don't know if he'd sell them separately from the M-PAC kit or not, but it's more secure. If you plan to use those to secure cinch straps you'll be very unhappy when the walls bend in. They're not real hard points. There is no automobile FRAME backing for them. They're ok for very light use only.

The Scorpion Mount (now being constructed and tested) will provide hard points in the back that solve the problem you're talking about. You can follow progress on my build-up thread if you're interested.
Thanks Larry, I have been following your ongoing build. With no hard backing, I think I will just leave things alone back there and use them when I can. Don't want to deform the side panels.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
A simple hook that could be screwed in to replace it would be perfect!

Every time i use it, the bungie cord ends do not go around it. Really annoying. It has been a PITA since day one.

A cheap, 2$ solution would be perfect.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts