Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
I have an 02 Rav and my 07 FJ, there is more space in the Rav especially with the seats completely removed.

The Rav deck is lower because it's not an off road vehicle and doesn't have the same ground clearance, thats the biggest difference in space.

Keep in mind the Rav will not carry the amount of weight the FJ can, so even if you fill it up, it better be with something lighter.

·
Premium Member
2,456 Posts
I have to admit, I originally felt the same way when I was looking at them and then thought about a 4Runner instead. Then I realized the reason I really wanted it was to be capable in offroad situations I want to put myself in, and I think the only way to get more space out of the FJ would be to compromise the departure angle in the rear by extending the "bed." Otherwise, you'd lengthen the wheelbase, again compromising the offroad capabilities for other types of obstacles. In the end, I'm really glad I bought the FJ. Now, to talk my wife into getting a 4Runner...

·
Registered
41 Posts
I guess the Ravs got smaller...my wife has an 04 and the FJ is definitely roomier. I can't even touch the windshield in my FJ while belted in! The passenger next to me seems to be aaaallllll the over there ----------------------->, while in the Rav we're shoulder-to-shoulder. Hell, last time I drove the Rav it was claustrophobic; I thought I was being mashed into the dash/windshield!

21 - 24 of 24 Posts