Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

interior?

5K views 37 replies 15 participants last post by  cougarzluv 
#1 ·
i think that toyota needs to redo this interior it needs to look more simple like the fj40 interior no electric gizmos except a radio .the old fj40 was a true work suv had a simple but practical interior and they need to drop the blue pannels inside the interior.what do you think

#27 ·
bobbi said:
Oh, is that how it works. Good thing it's not in a womans nature to speak out often on random subjects, voice her opinion on any and everything, always get the last word, speak when not spoken to... or I'd be a senior member by now. Yep, it's a good thing!

Bye guys...off to work. It's London for new years eve and then San Fran for the the 1st. There is still a bit of glamor in the gig, not quite the "coffee tea or me?" days.
Can't wait to get back to DC to spend hours in fron of the computer catching up on all the posts I missed (now that's a glamorous life)!

Happy New Year All!
:D
I am falling in love with her a little bit more everyday.... :eek:

#28 ·
Lost Cosmonaut said:
I think Toyota already had a car like that once... Lemme see here...

Why can't anyone be happy with what we're given? If you want an FJ40, go buy an FJ40. If you want a capable, modern off-roader, buy an FJ Cruiser. It's that simple.

- LC
_shrug_

Because I want a modern engine, and updated seats in a new vehicle that gets decent MPG with sane braking characteristics?

Cheers,
prat

#29 ·
Herky said:
Okay, so the C-pillars shouldn't be a problem on the trails. Thanks.

How much of a hindrance will the "raised" hood be? Does it really block all that much? Obviously, you deal with what you have in a vehicle, and no vehicle is perfect or else we'd all be driving the same one...but does the hood prevent you from seeing obstacles any more than any other four wheeler?
In anything that really matters, you would probably be better off having a spotter anyway. I don't think it will be a big deal or be much worse than oter trucks.

#30 ·
Let's squash the C-pillar debacle. Go get into your pickup truck, put a camper shell on it and stuff it full of your neighbor's crap. Now, how much visibility do you have?

NONE.

So, the FJ will have better visibility than any pickup truck that actually gets used. Learn to use mirrors. If you do not know how, call me. For about $50/hr I will be happy to teach you how to utilize the mirrors on your FJ. For an extra $100, we can got rent a trailer and I will teach you how to back them, as well.

#32 ·
Some of us have the skills and some cause accidents tryin' to prove they have skills.

#34 ·
Me neither... been in a couple though.

Thus, the skill-less we were discussing. Guaranteed if you were to ask any of the drivers that actually caused the accident, that they all believe they too are "good" drivers.

#35 ·
Indeed...indeed. I hate those kind of people. Those who are never wrong regardless of the situation or arguement. It frustrates me like whoa. Anyway, I wish I was a wheelman of some sort. It'd be so fun. I have a knack for anticipating other drivers' actions, all of which are dumb and very predictable. Noone stops at stop signs anymore, lol.

#36 ·
Percy said:
Let's squash the C-pillar debacle. Go get into your pickup truck, put a camper shell on it and stuff it full of your neighbor's crap. Now, how much visibility do you have?

NONE.

So, the FJ will have better visibility than any pickup truck that actually gets used. Learn to use mirrors. If you do not know how, call me. For about $50/hr I will be happy to teach you how to utilize the mirrors on your FJ. For an extra $100, we can got rent a trailer and I will teach you how to back them, as well.
Hmm at $50 an hour I think I might just do it..... Or check this out a complete camera system/display without any bling!

http://www.totalvisionproducts.com/products/racing.html

#38 · (Edited)
Edit

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.