Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick Question as I'm on a crappy phone --

What is the frame paint / anti-rust that comes in a spray can with the tip that sprays in all directions instead of just forward?

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
31,582 Posts
POR15 or something like that??

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I thought but I didn't see anything but cans (non spray).

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
Quick Question as I'm on a crappy phone --

What is the frame paint / anti-rust that comes in a spray can with the tip that sprays in all directions instead of just forward?
All directions sounds dangerous!
Moose, keep this up and your FJ is gonna outlive you one way or another! :lol:

·
Registered
645 Posts
Noxudol 700 is a cavity wax free from solvents with high power of penetration. The material is intended for treatment of inside cavities, frames and underbody. Noxudol 700 was the winner in the British magazine Classic Monthly’s test of corrosion protection product in 2013. The test was conducted over a 3 years period of time and it is the longest-running test of its kind of protective. Go to the website.

·
Premium Member
2,472 Posts
Noxudol 700 is a cavity wax free from solvents with high power of penetration. The material is intended for treatment of inside cavities, frames and underbody. Noxudol 700 was the winner in the British magazine Classic Monthly’s test of corrosion protection product in 2013. The test was conducted over a 3 years period of time and it is the longest-running test of its kind of protective. Go to the website.
That’s some pretty impressive stuff.

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Internal Frame Coating w/Spray Nozzle | Eastwood

If it's your first time I would recommend 2 cans. It seems to work pretty well as far as coating and creeping goes, takes some practice to get the right spray technique and not make a mess :D I have yet to closely examine new rust development, however.
Thanks !!!!!

All directions sounds dangerous!
Moose, keep this up and your FJ is gonna outlive you one way or another! :lol:
>:D That's the goal actually !!! This is my first new car, and I hope my last !! After mods, at probably 50K, I don't see myself buying another new one.

Thanks !!!!!

I'm going to try the first one, mostly because I ordered it before I saw the next post !!!

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,990 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:lol: I have some of that stuff, but I wanted something more permanent. I sprayed that stuff all over the outside, but I wasn't sure if it would convert the existing surface rust :)

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
:lol: I have some of that stuff, but I wanted something more permanent. I sprayed that stuff all over the outside, but I wasn't sure if it would convert the existing surface rust :)
some of the folks on Mud use the Eastwood stuff on their 40's ... might want to look into it as a potential option ...
:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah, that was mentioned in like the first reply :lol:

·
Registered
678 Posts
My plan is to do the Eastwood stuff on the inside of my 40 and cruiser frames since they live near the ocean. Think I read somewhere to tape up holes when spraying as it will spray out of holes in the frame. Having not used the stuff before I'm estimating 2 cans per vehicle going by what others have said on forums. I figured I would start with 2 cans for the 40 and if I like it then the cruiser will get it. Watch eastwoods site or join their email list they have tons of discounts and free shipping deals if you look out I get about 3 emails a week from them.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My plan is to do the Eastwood stuff on the inside of my 40 and cruiser frames since they live near the ocean. Think I read somewhere to tape up holes when spraying as it will spray out of holes in the frame. Having not used the stuff before I'm estimating 2 cans per vehicle going by what others have said on forums. I figured I would start with 2 cans for the 40 and if I like it then the cruiser will get it. Watch eastwoods site or join their email list they have tons of discounts and free shipping deals if you look out I get about 3 emails a week from them.

Nice !! I didn't think about taping up the holes. I'm waiting on it to arrive, so we'll assume I MAY have thought of that before spraying :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
678 Posts
I just remember reading on the ihamud forums that it shoots out all the holes of the frame. The more I think about it one can seems like it should be enough to do the inside of a whole frame to me but I have never used the stuff.
I need to research some more on it before I do it but I'm thinking for the 40 ill use a rust stop product first then spray this on top if I can. The cruiser I will just spray on, I guess I'll spray some simple green or some kind of degreaser in the frame holes a couple days before and hose out then spray this stuff in it. My cruiser has never seen mud or dirt so it shouldn't have any problem areas I foresee except for saltwater in the air.

I wish I could see my Tacoma frame on the truck I sold about 5 years back it was an 01 model that had that massive recall due to frames being rust prone. I was always anal years before the recall detailing and keeping the frame spray painted with all kinds of products to make it look like it came from the factory. Mechanics loved it as it's easier to work on a clean truck.

Post up whatever you do I'm interested in this stuff. I won't have time to try it for a few months but it's on my list of things to do and seems like good insurance to protect a known weakness in Toyotas

·
Premium Member
4,691 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
From what I read on the Eastwood, it converts the existing rust.

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts

pretty versatile stuff ... I've read where people spray it into the windshield frame of their 40s, because the theory is if you can see rust in a spot, its where you can't see it too i.e. they rust from the inside out ... good luck ...
:bigthumb:

Reactions: FJ Moose

·
Registered
678 Posts
From what I read on the Eastwood, it converts the existing rust.

That's good to hear. This is on my to do list for summer projects.

Sadly my 40 is to far gone on the windshield frame to save but the frame is in good shape and I have some new rockers that are getting the Eastwood spray treatment inside once installed.

If it works as intended this Eastwood stuff seems like a easy upgrade to preserve these trucks
ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1401062137.587860.jpg

1 - 20 of 23 Posts