Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Thank you very much, this will help a lot. will pass the info to the fellow that installs it.
Yeah the instructions are pretty thorough, I think it will be hard for any capable mechanic to get it wrong. Let us all know how the install goes!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Package arrived Friday! Thanks again 406cruiser! I'm very excited to get this on but I'm now contemplating replacing the flywheel and main seal while I'm in there. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Package arrived Friday! Thanks again 406cruiser! I'm very excited to get this on but I'm now contemplating replacing the flywheel and main seal while I'm in there. Any suggestions?
Nice sounds like lots of people are getting them. A few on the TacomaForums have got the kit installed and are loving it.

I did not replace the flywheel. Just resurfaced it and bolted it back up with new flywheel bolts. I think the OE flywheel is a good weight for the driving characteristics most people use their FJ for. I did also replace the main seal while I was in there since my engine is at 170k. There was no sign of leaking but I figured since I was in there I may as well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Will this work if I just did the URD kit with a new fly wheel and a stage III clutch. It’s worse now than before I got to fix so called

·
Desert Moderator
5,670 Posts
I've ordered mine - & it's on its way.
Fingers crossed that my mechanic doesn't fcuk the install up...

41 - 49 of 49 Posts