Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are introducing the Hyper Ground System to the off-road industry and even daily drivers.

The new "Hyper Ground System" is the safe and reliable generation tuning system that provides a low resistance ground path. A better ground gives more torque, better mileage, better response, and better starting ability. This system will benefit the Jeeps that love to off-road, especially the older ones.

Blue line = Stock Ground Wires
Red Line = Hyper Ground System

The use of lights, A/C, radio, etc. are all factors that affect your engine's performance. With the Hyper Ground System, there is 10 times less impedance than factory ground wires which provides immaculate conduction to prevent electrical power loss.

Before and After Installation of Hyper Ground:
Measuring friction in Ground wires

The Hyper Ground System uses thick gauge 99.99% pure copper, and connects directly from the cylinder head and other points under the hood to the battery, to provide an ultra low resistance connection. This will increase the primary potential of your Jeep.

They are a universal fit and come in 3 different sizes:
S-Type - Standard vehicles, sedans, coupes, etc.
M-Type - Larger Engine bays, FJ's, SUV's, etc.
L-Type - Battery relocated to trunk

Prices starting at $69.00 for S-Type, $72.00 for M-Type, $96.00 for L-Type. Prices valid for first 15 customers.
(Gold and Silver wires vary in pricing due to gold-plated connection points)

Pricing after first 15 will be released later.

PM for shipping quote, purchase, or inquiries

Thanks for looking!

·
Registered
671 Posts
Hey everyone! I am also an outside sales rep for Sun Performance and They installed the Hyper Ground System on my FJ. I have already noticed a difference in the vehicle performance. The throttle response is much better. You guys can also go through me if you are interested in purchasing the product. :cheers:

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just last night i was wondering if there was a HyperGround system for the FJ, I had one on my Civic Si
There sure is a HyperGround for the FJ! They're universal fit and the S-type should fit the FJ unless you're mounting points are a little further away (i.e. intake manifold, chassis, battery, transmission, etc.) then the M-type should fit better.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
This one is on my list, right after the Octane Booster and fuel line magnet. Not.

Where is the documentation? The proof it actually does anything aside from waste your money...does it exist?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This one is on my list, right after the Octane Booster and fuel line magnet. Not.

Where is the documentation? The proof it actually does anything aside from waste your money...does it exist?
All of our products are OEM approved and sold as an option part in Toyota Japan. As for the tests, there are many out there, here's just one of them:

As for the ones that are local to us in Santa Ana, CA, we are willing to let you try out the product

·
Banned
752 Posts
Just finished the install and took a drive test, even before that, I noticed my sound system was a lot louder than normal and definitely bumps now. After noticing that, did a wide open throttle leaving the driveway onto the main road and wow, I can feel a difference in throttle and torque. Nothing crazy or dramatic, but just enough to feel a difference. Still early, but will follow up when settled. Thanks so much! and the S-Type fits fine. Guys at Sun were very helpful. Ask for Andre or Mike. Not affiliated or anything, just lived near by and decided to check it all out....

-Mark

·
Banned
752 Posts
Took me 30min, being careful and all, don't know bout trying out the product. I just asked a few questions, saw the items, and purchased. Happy camper...Also price for forum members is great! I've researched all over and nothing beats the prices we get...

·
Registered
89 Posts
Hey Sperform -

Sorry to be skeptical, but my intuition tells me that if Toyota could have improved torque, horsepower and fuel mileage just by spec'ing a lower impedance ground and 99.99% pure copper, they would have done that, right? The design cost for them is the same, and the materials cost is only marginally higher at the bulk wholesale rates they would pay. Who knows, can anyone say that the stock grounding is not 99.99% copper already?

Generally speaking I am very skeptical of these types of claims because there simply is not a huge difference in the conductivity or impedance of relatively cheap wires vs. extremely expensive wires.

Also, I fail to see how lower impedance would drive better horsepower - horsepower is mainly a function of cylinder volume, pressure, fuel quality, etc. What is the ground going to do? Make the spark plugs somehow perform better? They either spark or they don't right? I might entertain the idea that 'less impedance' could improve timing on an old carb engine, but with digital EFI, all that is computer controlled and timed. EFI already sparks the cylinder at the exact correct time, adjusting earlier or later based on its own sensor measurements. So, it would be good to hear an explanation of how the horsepower is improved.

Do you have a link to scientific test conducted by a reputable 3rd party organization such as an established performance magazine that corroborates the claims?

I'm not trying to give you a hard time - if your product is well developed and tested, hopefully you will knock these questions out of the park. But, if the classic "monster cable vs. coat-hanger" test is any example (google that), these types of products have often shown to be more marketing than science, so hopefully you will understand a little healthy skepticism on our part.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Here's some info on good reliable magazines that I searched before getting these: I was skeptical as well with any new form of increases. I gave it a shot anyways and noticed a difference, but nothing to be in aw of....and since another member has tried it out, I felt a little better getting them. I also have the afe throttle body spacer, that's supposed to be skeptical as well, but afe has great systems in intakes and exhausts, nothing bad about each company. Just my 2 cents. But would love to see real world results in person too...

Car Audio Mag

·
Registered
89 Posts
Here's some info on good reliable magazines that I searched before getting these: I was skeptical as well with any new form of increases. I gave it a shot anyways and noticed a difference, but nothing to be in aw of....and since another member has tried it out, I felt a little better getting them. I also have the afe throttle body spacer, that's supposed to be skeptical as well, but afe has great systems in intakes and exhausts, nothing bad about each company. Just my 2 cents. But would love to see real world results in person too...

Car Audio Mag
Thanks, that's a good forward, I'm becoming a little more convinced - I would still like to see a little more explanation from the supplier on exactly why it works, in terms of the behavior of the ignition system. But this does seem to be an impartial reviewer.

·
Banned
752 Posts
Yah, I'm no expert or anything, just an FJ and car enthusiast and question anything related that's not from factory or dealer. I'm sure these guys will post up some info...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks, that's a good forward, I'm becoming a little more convinced - I would still like to see a little more explanation from the supplier on exactly why it works, in terms of the behavior of the ignition system. But this does seem to be an impartial reviewer.
I'm no electrical engineer or anything, but all the information that I told you about in the introduction is the main things to know. In order to tell you exactly, how it works, I would have to consult with our engineers in Japan, even then I don't think we can disclose that much information since the product is patented. But I will keep you all updated as I get more info.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
All of our products are OEM approved and sold as an option part in Toyota Japan. As for the tests, there are many out there, here's just one of them:

As for the ones that are local to us in Santa Ana, CA, we are willing to let you try out the product
It's unbelievable that anyone would waste their money on something like this given the current economic climate, and even more unbelievable that companies like this still exist. I guess our spending stupidity really is to blame, isn't it?

First of all, what is the source of that information? If it was generated by your company, and not a third party testing agency, then it is more or less invalid. Second, all of the figures shown in that test are WELL within normal statistical deviation, or margin of measurement error, for those types of tests. The differences in gas mileage could be explained by anything from headwind to tire pressure, and a hundred other reasons including driving style. Plus, a fifteen minute test interval means next to nothing! Show me consistent results over the course of several tanks of fuel before and after this mod, and I'd be less skeptical.

The differences in HP and Torque are absolutely laughable at best. A 1.4lb/ft increase in torque, or a 1.53% difference, is plain and simple measurement error that can and does vary between EVERY dyno run on EVERY vehicle. The same applies for the claimed 3.06HP or 3.04% increase in horsepower - well within normal measurement deviations.

Hey, if I give the forum some money, can I sell snake oil too?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's unbelievable that anyone would waste their money on something like this given the current economic climate, and even more unbelievable that companies like this still exist. I guess our spending stupidity really is to blame, isn't it?

First of all, what is the source of that information? If it was generated by your company, and not a third party testing agency, then it is more or less invalid. Second, all of the figures shown in that test are WELL within normal statistical deviation, or margin of measurement error, for those types of tests. The differences in gas mileage could be explained by anything from headwind to tire pressure, and a hundred other reasons including driving style. Plus, a fifteen minute test interval means next to nothing! Show me consistent results over the course of several tanks of fuel before and after this mod, and I'd be less skeptical.

The differences in HP and Torque are absolutely laughable at best. A 1.4lb/ft increase in torque, or a 1.53% difference, is plain and simple measurement error that can and does vary between EVERY dyno run on EVERY vehicle. The same applies for the claimed 3.06HP or 3.04% increase in horsepower - well within normal measurement deviations.

Hey, if I give the forum some money, can I sell snake oil too?
Some people see better gains than others, people that have tried the product have seen better gains, so lets let it be

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Here is some proof of the hyperground as an OEM part of Toyota. This is a part from Toyota Japan made for the Vitz.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts