Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Here's some info on good reliable magazines that I searched before getting these: I was skeptical as well with any new form of increases. I gave it a shot anyways and noticed a difference, but nothing to be in aw of....and since another member has tried it out, I felt a little better getting them. I also have the afe throttle body spacer, that's supposed to be skeptical as well, but afe has great systems in intakes and exhausts, nothing bad about each company. Just my 2 cents. But would love to see real world results in person too...

Car Audio Mag
I won't speculate about the product itself, but there is something really amiss with these dyno charts:

For one, notice that at 5200 rpm, you're making LESS power, and the graph is not nearly as smooth as it should be for a car doing a normal pull, and, more impotency WHY NOT SHOW THE SHOW GRAPH???

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
This is the first i have ever heard of a better ground giving more horsepower and torque. Not saying that i don't believe it, but just the first i have ever heard.

·
Banned
752 Posts
I don't think I've gotten the chart's increase, but I know for a fact that my sounds are a lot crisper and louder. As far as engine goes, not much difference, maybe some, but I have an intake, throttle spacer, etc. If I want the super increase in power, i'll get a trd or urd supercharger....:)

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
The grounds are made to MAXIMIZE the efficiency of your vehicle. It is pretty much like taking vitamins for your body. It doesn't give you more strength, but as a result, you attain a longer and healthier life. Benefits are seen as a result of this. That is what people are mistaking this product as. It is not simply a performance gainer, but an efficiency maximizer.

·
Premium Member
1,928 Posts
I hear this works even better if you have the Vehicle Lusterizing Shield sold by the dealer.

The entire vehicle is metal, adding ground wires from one side to the other is not going to improve anything.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
So, just because Toyota sells this as a kit, then we should believe it has some positive effect on the vehicle??

Let's see, Toyota sells all sorts of other useless junk:
-FJ Skid Plate a.k.a. bling plate, little to no protection against anything larger than a stick
-FJ aux. driving lights a.k.a. Hella 500 $40 Wal-Mart specials
-FJ Hood protector that's 2x the price of the AVS part, still plenty of broken windshields
-Billet door sills, "sport" pedal covers, chrome exhaust tip (bling bling money ain't a thing)

Gosh it's amazing what people will let themselves believe nowadays...

Here is some proof of the hyperground as an OEM part of Toyota. This is a part from Toyota Japan made for the Vitz.

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
The grounds are made to MAXIMIZE the efficiency of your vehicle. It is pretty much like taking vitamins for your body. It doesn't give you more strength, but as a result, you attain a longer and healthier life. Benefits are seen as a result of this. That is what people are mistaking this product as. It is not simply a performance gainer, but an efficiency maximizer.
While this has nothing to do with the grounding system itself, the analogy you used has issues, IMO.

There have been plenty of studies released that say taking over-the-counter vitamin supplements, vitamin infused foods, etc., while not harmful, do not help keep you healthier or extend your lifespan. So, while the body requires many vitamins and minerals to function properly, just taking supplements does not have the same effect as consuming the vitamins and minerals directly from food...

A vehicle (or any electrical circuit) requires an efficient ground to function properly. The question, in my mind, is whether the Toyota factory ground is inefficient for the load put on it. My guess is the OEM ground system is sufficient; the issue usually revolves around the proper connection and grounding of accessories, whose efficiency might be improved by a better ground. However it would need to directly connect to those circuits to be effective.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Just finished the install and took a drive test, even before that, I noticed my sound system was a lot louder than normal and definitely bumps now. After noticing that, did a wide open throttle leaving the driveway onto the main road and wow, I can feel a difference in throttle and torque. Nothing crazy or dramatic, but just enough to feel a difference. Still early, but will follow up when settled. Thanks so much! and the S-Type fits fine. Guys at Sun were very helpful. Ask for Andre or Mike. Not affiliated or anything, just lived near by and decided to check it all out....

-Mark
What about this person's experience? Is it invalid because some of you don't believe it could help?

What does the economic climate have to do with it, if the product doesn't work, would it be ok to sell if the economy was booming BlackCherry?

·
Premium Member
829 Posts
ummm, no thanks..

·
Registered
639 Posts
I hear this works even better if you have the Vehicle Lusterizing Shield sold by the dealer.

The entire vehicle is metal, adding ground wires from one side to the other is not going to improve anything.
I don't understand how this product could make any change in power of the motor, but it should help the with audio buzz that some get. It also might help SWR on a CB radio.

When I did my dual battery system I added 3 extra large grounds, just for the audio boost.
I added a full extra battery (and 5 total grounds) , and never got any motor performance change, so I am sure extra grounds on one battery wont do anything as well...

·
Registered
961 Posts
By adding extra wires with potential for bad connections, you also risk introducing ground loops, which can play hell with sensitive electronics.
just my 2c..

21 - 36 of 36 Posts