Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Sockless Superstar
11,826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd Like to Tell Toyota... This is for constructive suggestions to be made to Toyota regarding the FJ Cruiser. This is a flame free forum and heavily moderated. Nonsensical posts as well as 'empty' posts of no real value will be removed (not in this thread, but in the beneficial ones). We're hoping that Toyota will be able to use this as a tool for future changes / improvements.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Slimmer roof rack, VSC off switch, Larger (fillable) gas tank, black trim option, upswinging hatch, extra 12v in front, sunroof option, more resistance on AC/fan controls, true fold flat rear seats, navigation/rear camera option, wind testing with windows down (do those visor things help), don't raise the price (at least until I get another I'll name "Spare")

The explanations (as needed):
Upswing hatch: I'd love to be able to stand under it while gearing up, or unloading my work stuff.
VSC Off: My V8 Limited 4R has one...
AC/Fan controls: With a manual transmission, bouncing along a rough patch, it's very easy to nudge these controls inadvertantly.

I'm only a month in and if I had to pick a number one choice, it would be the gas tank. It really hates to be filled but it loves to drink.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I think a sun roof would be awesome! I like the side swing rear door but I also see the benefits of having a top hinge.... especially when tailgating

·
Registered
50 Posts
Add a pull strap to the rear half doors on the FJ Cruiser so the rear passenger can close the door easier. 2 or 3 Extra 12V outlet in front as well as a USB outlet for charging. A pull out cargo tray like the 4Runner. Cargo hook "track system" in the rear compartment like the XTerra. Guage lights on whenever car is on regardless of switch position. Switch to turn the rear view camera on regardless of which gear the vehicle is in. Just a few things--minor really.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Can we do something about raising the sirus/xm antenna so it does not fade out when you drive due east. (or is this rare ? ) Also what are we suppose to cover the center hub of the 2011 TT spare tire with that does not blind the camera ?

·
Premium Member
1,120 Posts
Heated wipers...not a more powerful defroster (too hot in the cab).
Diesel option.
More easily changeable transmission fluid.
Lift gate instead of swing gate.
LED's in cabin dome lights.
Rear seats that can recline backwards a little.
More rear leg room (I can put junk in other places, but not my kids).
Tougher seat covers.
Tougher plastic for inside trim and panels.
Two armrests (and about an inch-and-a-half higher).
Sunroof.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Larger gas tank
Blackout option
Fix the body mount issue so that we can run larger than 32s withour voiding warranty
rear diff and elocker breather relocation
A real glove box - like the one in my puny Matrix
better sound system - always a Toyota flaw
HID headlights
Fog lights (I mounted my Dually D2s in the lower grill - come on Toyota)
Won't even ask for a diesel engine
Most of all, more knowledge at the dealerships and particularly with service techs
I know I'm pushing it here but how about Ellis Precision shifter and transfer case knobs as standard. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,382 Posts
My poor attempt at MS Paint. But you get the idea...

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
Diesel-powered mirrors
Six doors with seating for 19
Diesel powered mirrors? That seems a little unnecessary don't you think? :lol:

But did you mean heated mirrors? Because in that case I agree!

And 6 doors with seating for 19? That sounds like a limo or something, and plus I don't think you could off road with the 19 people in your vehicle :lol:

·
Registered
596 Posts
A computer for remaining gas and MPG.

Better plastic in interior

A button on the dash to lower the rear glass

Better GPS options

fold down on pass side dash

console cover on center console

·
Premium Member
3,987 Posts
I'd like to tell Toyota that I have fun offroading in their FJ Cruiser

Although I do wish it had seating for 19 as well. I could live with seating for 14 tho.

I really like mine too, just don't tell Toyota, they might raise the price.

·
Registered
185 Posts
swing out spare tire and a true tail gate with retractable window.
( would solve wind noise and produce airflow)

also the option to switch from all wheel to 2 wheel
( would save gas )

1 - 20 of 46 Posts