Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
swing out spare tire and a true tail gate with retractable window.
( would solve wind noise and produce airflow)

also the option to switch from all wheel to 2 wheel
( would save gas )
They have an option for that, it's the automatic. Even then it's only a difference of a couple MPG.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Changes are needed Toyota. I'm thinking the FJ Cruiser needs a LITTLE BROTHER that has all the fun features of a Jeep Wrangler (especially a detachable roof or soft top option) and better lines, if you don't mind me saying. Lets face it, people are buying up Wranglers everywhere. Personally, I wouldn't buy a Wrangler because I've heared a few bad things about parts and service (not sure if it's earned or not) but I would snap up a Toyota in the same class. If Toyota could do it cheeper, all the better! I think, for a lot of people, that there's a move away from the conservatism of modern car design. At my time of life with my kids maybe finally leaving home, I don't want a Harley, I want a fun, reliable vehicle to bust out and explore in. The FJ Cruiser is far too big for me and too much like any chunky SUV. Please Toyota, the market IS there!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Another small annoying thing I noticed tonight. While looking for the door locks I couldn't see them in the dark. How about some more illumination on switchgear. Likewise for the switches like the 120v in the lower cluster. While were at it a duel electric fan might improve mpg a bit by lowering parasitic drag.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'd like to tell Toyota, "THANK YOU!" I am loving my new FJ.
I'd like to tell Toyota, "Keep the FJ in production. It's a great vehicle!"

·
Registered
89 Posts
Only owned for 1 month. A '13. need a rear window fix, lower into the tailgate or button on remote to open etc. more power jack outlets, at least one in front and one in back seat. Side mirror defrosters. Under hood light when front bonnet is opened. Glove box light, larger opening camera lens on rear tire cover. Like vehicle alot, just a few little (other than rear window problem) issues.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Grown ups trying to get into the rear seat find it hellacious, most bumping their head on the roof.
A bit more space between the front seat and the rear-door opening. When the seats are down can't even slide a regular-size cooler in said opening.
Roof Protection for the front of the roof rack. As it is, the entire front of that roof rack is wasted space. Had to buy two additional cross bars to make it somewhat functional.
What others have stated, diesel, sun roof.
Oh. perhaps a collapsible step for when me Mum needs to get into the rear seat.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I can't imagine what it would look like, but moving the side mirrors off the doors and onto the body of the truck. This would make taking the doors off/adding tube doors easier/less expensive/safer.
But at this point, just bring back that FJ and I'll be happy.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Lets see: solid axle, soft top or removable hard top,move the body mount,locks and window illuminates,better gearing so no down shifting all the time, duel climate control, back glass and rear windows go down, 10 and up supercharger, speakers in the kick panels with doors removed, sway bar disconnect. Probably other stuff I'm missing! Love mine though!

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
Please discontinue it Toyota!

·
Registered
10,293 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,342 Posts
I'd like to tell them they better not take the body on frame design away from the 4runner ! Wrong forum I know but makes me sick thinking of all the years of bad*ss 4runners wasted away by turning it into what ford and Chevy have done to there SUVs. I bring this up cause every review I've seen on the new ones the dude or lady driving one on a test drive brings up its the last of a dying breed time for a change when they probably don't own one and never will! Sorry off my soap box stay safe out there

·
I Have a V-8!! Moderator
28,838 Posts
They did. After next this year you won't have to worry about anything to do with the FJ.

·
Premium Member
1,414 Posts
they have an option for that, it's the automatic. Even then it's only a difference of a couple mpg.
2 mpg delta @25k per year is a $651 per year savingS, $54.21 per month, every month for as long as you own it!!!
That's almost $4k just while you're paying for it……….gm

21 - 40 of 46 Posts