Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently upgraded to an iPhone 7, and purchased a protective case and recharging battery. In order to charge my iPhone now, I do not use the Apple cord, but a mini USB (the same as what I used for my Samsung Galaxy S5 before).

The problem is that the adapter that came with the phone, to allow for plugged-in earphones, is now hidden by the case. In order to use the RCA cord from the phone to my FJ input I would need to take apart the iPhone case, plug in, etc. Obviously not the ideal situation.

Does anyone have a suggestion or work-around? I enjoy my music on my phone, and would like to listen to it as available. However I can no longer do this in my FJ (except for just listening through the phone speakers).

First World Problems, I know...

Thank you!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Can you cut a hole in the case?
No. The iPhone 7 has no jack for earphones. Instead, there is an adapter that plugs into the charger that an earphone jack can be inserted.

With the charging case, there is a male end that goes into the iPhone charging female slot. No access at all.

As you can see, the adapter plugs into the charging slot on the iPhone. That's the slot where my iPhone case plugs in as well.

·
Registered
163 Posts
there is a magnetic adapter out there also that may work

New Magnetic iPhone Charger! Znaps - YouTube
Oh my. Stay away from anything from the makers of Znaps. I'm still out $100 from their original Kickstarter, and don't expect to ever get my adapters. They're con artists. And I don't think this would solve your problem anyway.
I agree that the 7 is designed to work with bluetooth. Use a stereo bluetooth receiver plugged into the AUX port on the center console. You'll want to plug it into a USB outlet for power as well. I've used the same one from Amazon for 5 years. Its velcroed to the center console below the switch panel. All I do it hold down the button to turn it on and it starts playing the last thing I was listening to. Here's mine, but there are certainly much newer models on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/Miccus-Mini-jack-Bluetooth-headphones-Single-Link/dp/B0038MA11U

1 - 8 of 8 Posts