Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a way to integrate my iPhone into the FJammer in my 80.

Dice is very popular but IMO it sucks. You have to select a playlist, and then plug it in, and then you can change songs on that playlist but you no longer have function of your iPhone/iPod and can't select anything else while it is plugged in.

The USA-SPEC model looks to be a better solution.

USA SPEC: PA15-Toy

These are the features. The reason i like it a lot better is the feature i highlighted.

* Connect, control, and charge your iPod, iPhone, and iTouch from your car stereo.
o Works with and charges iPhone (4, 3Gs, 3G), iPod Classic & Nano, and iTouch.
o Compatible with iOS 4.
o Control from radio or steering wheel.
* Displays song title, artist name, and playlist name on radios that have a TEXT, TILE, or SAT button.
* Retains CD changer, Rear Seat Entertainment/DVD, and Satellite radio functions and features.
* Connect and play a 2nd audio device through your car stereo.
o You can connect an addition audio device such as DVD player, Satellite radio receiver, or MP3 player to the AUX INPUT on the interface.
* 2 different modes to control and play iPod: Direct Mode and Playlist Mode.
o Playlist Mode: operate and control the iPod like it is a CD changer. Access up to 6 Playlists from the radio.
o Direct Mode: search and select music on iPod just as you would in portable use. Complete access to all the contents on iPhone and iTouch.
+ You can use Direct Mode to listen to music streamed through Pandora or SIRIUS/XM Online.

* You can use radio controls to track up/down, fast forward/rewind, advance 10 tracks, and random play

So, my question, does anyone have this and/or used it and can comment on it?

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
I have that very model in my FJC Layton, but I only use it with an old ipod not my iphone - one big reason is that it constantly charges whatever device is plugged in and it ruined the battery life on my ipod so now I can't use that one anywhere except connected to the FJammer. Other than that, it's like Miguel said. I just put mine on "shuffle" every time and let 'er rip. The steering wheel controls work fine for changing to the next or last track and volume, but nothing else. It's OK for the money but if you want more control of your ipod from the controller then you might be better off with a more expensive controller.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Does it allow you to use it as though it were just a aux output? As in, can you still use all of the functions of the phone in "direct mode", like use pandora and other things.

Most iPod connectors only allow you to play from the ipod library.

Lee, I don't think that would be as big of an issue with the Phone though. I would be taking the phone out of the vehicle all the time so the battery would get cycled. I pretty much plug my phone into my charger in my car anyways most times.

Want to plug in your iPhone and do some testing? :)

·
Premium Member
8,285 Posts
Does it allow you to use it as though it were just a aux output? As in, can you still use all of the functions of the phone in "direct mode", like use pandora and other things.

Most iPod connectors only allow you to play from the ipod library.

Lee, I don't think that would be as big of an issue with the Phone though. I take the phone out of the vehicle all the time so the battery would get cycled. I pretty much plug my phone into my charger in my car anyways most times.
Couldn't tell you, because I'm afraid to plug my iphone in it (don't want to ruin that battery too). :(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts