Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G'day guys

can anyone advise on aussie delivered trucks what the options/features there are for me given:

I have iphone 3g -can address book be seamlessly transferred to truck?

sound system says ipod friendly, can i plug in a ipod nano? through front usb?
or
can i plug an ipod lead that will work seamlessly and charge from rear of head unit? where can i get this lead/kit if required at good price?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have the Iphone 4 and I don't think the address book can be transferred. you can put in a couple of speeddials. The USB does charge the phone. If you don't want to charge bluetooth works well.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep there must be a stereophile car audio iphone pod dude on here somewhere...

have seen cables on ebay which seem to indicate iphone/ipod connectivity maybe limited?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have an iphone 3gs and can stream music through the bluetooth connection however I havent figured out how to transfer contacts yet.

You can also plug your Ipod cord in the headdeck and it will charge your ipod/iphone.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hi guys

i was hoping i could have an ipod permantly plugged into the rear of the head unit (using ipod adapter cable kit) and use it just like a cd/hd etc ??

have seen kits on ebay, is this possible on the 2011 model? maybe the U.S guys would know?

·
Registered
133 Posts
I have an iphone 3gs and can stream music through the bluetooth connection however I havent figured out how to transfer contacts yet.

You can also plug your Ipod cord in the headdeck and it will charge your ipod/iphone.
Ok well that answers that question, looks like streaming audio over bluetooth works fine :rocker: (shame I can't find that anywhere on the Toyota website!)

As for wilfred's connection, if the head unit has an ipod cable port on the back of it, I don't see why you couldn't do what you're after (I used to do the same thing with my Alpine deck/iPod in my Commodore - I had the cable running from the back of the headunit into the glove box, where I had an iPod in there permanently.

That of course assumes the H/U does have a port on the back? From memory the USB/iPod port that it comes with is on the front?

·
Registered
14 Posts
hi guys

i was hoping i could have an ipod permantly plugged into the rear of the head unit (using ipod adapter cable kit) and use it just like a cd/hd etc ??

have seen kits on ebay, is this possible on the 2011 model? maybe the U.S guys would know?
As fair as I am aware the head deck in the Australian models in different to the US ones. The aus ones have a USB port in the front so it would probably be unlikely that there would be one in the back.

turbulence, the dealer was unaware that this was possible but between us we worked it out. By the way the sound quality is much better than expected!

·
Registered
133 Posts
turbulence, the dealer was unaware that this was possible but between us we worked it out. By the way the sound quality is much better than expected!
Yeah seems there is a lack of knowledge about these things given their so new! Thanks for the heads up, can't wait to pair up my iPhone and give it a go.

I assume the steering wheel controls can change the track on the iPhone forward and back?

If it can't, it could be related to the Bluetooth version on the iPhone, I know one of the most recent versions of the iOS allowed Bluetooth forward/reverse control of tracks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I assume the steering wheel controls can change the track on the iPhone forward and back?

If it can't, it could be related to the Bluetooth version on the iPhone, I know one of the most recent versions of the iOS allowed Bluetooth forward/reverse control of tracks.
I havent updated to the latest iOS (I have 4.1) but the steering wheel controls work as expected.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hi guys. My iPhone 4 and gen 3 iPod both work fine in the FJ (steering controls, charging, Bluetooth etc). Only thing is that I can't seem to sync the contacts. Let us know if you figure it out, I'll do the same. No big issue but it'd be nice to have.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi guys. My iPhone 4 and gen 3 iPod both work fine in the FJ (steering controls, charging, Bluetooth etc). Only thing is that I can't seem to sync the contacts. Let us know if you figure it out, I'll do the same. No big issue but it'd be nice to have.

bump..

anyone synch iphone contacts with head unit yet..?

mine just hangs there with head unit screen saying it is synching but message to 'operate phone...' ??

·
Banned
274 Posts
I have no f7cking idea what you people are on about or what this thread is :lol:

WTF is a I Phone? I phone people everyday at work, don't need a car to do this lol, and blue teeth? go see a dentist!

Let's talk about car stuff, not electric dildo's please :wave:

·
Premium Member
161 Posts
I have no f7cking idea what you people are on about or what this thread is :lol:

WTF is a I Phone? I phone people everyday at work, don't need a car to do this lol, and blue teeth? go see a dentist!

:rofl: :lol: :rofl:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

you funny :bigthumb:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
yep still no joy with this...?

rice man! you figured it out yet ? :rofl:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts