Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just found out that Toyota now has an ipod cable that pugs into the fjammer charges and allows you to use the head unit and steering controls to use your i pod it. about time It will plug into the satalite radio plug i am ordering this friday i'll let everyone in on how it works.

·
Premium Member
8,329 Posts
let us know - I could be interested. where does the cable feed to in the cabin?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the part # pt545-00082 It took me less than an hour to install I followed most of the satalite directions you cant use xm only the ipod this takes the plug spot for sat radio. but the text shows on the fjammer face wish it scrolled but it is nice to use the head unit and sterring controls I like it and i didn't take photos what a dummy i said it after i finished.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes you did, Mine is a Toyota part yours sounds like it may have been a less expensive version wish i saw this tread oh well its in now.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Well, it's fun to have. I like my stereo so much better now that I don't have ipod plugged in to AUX, with another cable plugged into cig light for power.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, it's fun to have. I like my stereo so much better now that I don't have ipod plugged in to AUX, with another cable plugged into cig light for power.
I agree I like having the cig pug for my phone or handheald cb etc I do highly recommend getting on of the two interfaces if you have an ipod. Jonesy:cheers:

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
I just found out that Toyota now has an ipod cable that pugs into the fjammer charges and allows you to use the head unit and steering controls to use your i pod it. about time It will plug into the satalite radio plug i am ordering this friday i'll let everyone in on how it works.
Where did you buy it? Did you just go to your local dealer and pick one up? How much was it?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Just wondering as my knowledge of electronics flat out sucks. What connections are on the back of the fjammer. I have sat radio so do I have any open places where I could connect this system?

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The cable feeds from the radio, to an metal box in the passenger side trim under the glove box. then drill a hole in the glove box it comes with a rubber gasket to fill the hole feeding the wire in there like a normal ipod connector. Its pretty good little exspensive but It a factory part what else is new. hope that hels sorry took so long to reply

·
Registered
739 Posts
$200...wow. I just bought the DICE iPOD adapter (from the forum group buy, and with shipping it cost $140). I've seen those ones toyota offers and their price was just was too expensive...but they all install the same way, it's just a matter of preference I suppose.

·
Premium Member
16,779 Posts
I just wish i didn't loose sirius to have this. Wish someone would come out with it pluggin in another way. Or maybe a way to have both.

·
Banned
124 Posts
I just wish i didn't loose sirius to have this. Wish someone would come out with it pluggin in another way. Or maybe a way to have both.

With our kit you are able to retain your factory SAT. You can run our kit in the CDC mode and you will still have text display and full control of the iPod from the radio. When useing the kit in CDC mode it still does not interfer with the in dash 6 disc changer either. Everything works exatly the way it does right now, exept you will have your iPod hooked up.

·
Registered
73 Posts
So what's the diffference between the Dice System and the Toyota System (besides the price)?

Has anyone hooked it up to go into the storage on the top of the dash? Seems like it would be easier to get to the ipod up there instead of the glove compartment.

·
Registered
2,928 Posts
So what's the diffference between the Dice System and the Toyota System (besides the price)?

Has anyone hooked it up to go into the storage on the top of the dash? Seems like it would be easier to get to the ipod up there instead of the glove compartment.
How much is the DICE system? Can get the Toyota one for $206 at fjpartsstore.com, doesn't seem too expensive.

·
Banned
124 Posts
How much is the DICE system? Can get the Toyota one for $206 at fjpartsstore.com, doesn't seem too expensive.
The DICE Electronics iPod interface is $159.99. Also our kit will give you the option to control it in either SAT mode or CDC mode. For those of you that have the factory SAT you will be able to retain that.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts