Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And we got some HUGE announcements to come shortly after SEMA!

The IMP FJ Cruiser is going to be at SEMA this year, check it out in the Enkei Wheels booth! It will be showing off TWO NEW PRODUCTS we've come up with during our "hiatus"... Yes, including our now infamous skid plates :lol:

So stay tuned!!! And if you're going to be at SEMA be sure to drop by the Enkei Wheels booth and see the Iron Mountain Performance FJ Cruiser!

To hold you over, here's some pictures of our prototype skid plates on an early incarnation of the IMP FJ while they were being thoroughly tested at the Toyota Trail Teams event in Reiter, WA last year.

Here's a more recent picture showing some changes to the front plate.

- Patrick

·
Registered
672 Posts
Wow!
I like the look of it...
A little too early... but just curious if it would be provided in all black?

One more thing.. could it look more like the stock skid plate?
I kinda like the look of the stock one... but with more durable material ofcourse...
thanks.
just my opinion

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow!
I like the look of it...
A little too early... but just curious if it would be provided in all black?

One more thing.. could it look more like the stock skid plate?
I kinda like the look of the stock one... but with more durable material ofcourse...
thanks.
just my opinion
It's hard to say what we'll be able to do right at this moment. We still have to iron out some details but after SEMA we should have everything figured out.

It's taken a year and a half to get here so for sure we'll make something that everyone will like. Plus we have a few innovations we'll be showing off that no one else has done before... I just can't talk about them yet *hush hush*.

- Patrick

·
Registered
952 Posts
Skids... looks interesting.. .when will they be available? Price?

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Skids... looks interesting.. .when will they be available? Price?
I'm hoping soon after SEMA we will be able to start selling the initial products.

Price is to be announced but should be on par with the competition.

- Patrick

·
Registered
2,313 Posts
What is up with them bolts that hang down from the front skid? Also can you explain to me the process of removing any bolt after the heads have been worn down or damaged from any of the skids being draged over rocks and other stuff. Thanks.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What is up with them bolts that hang down from the front skid? Also can you explain to me the process of removing any bolt after the heads have been worn down or damaged from any of the skids being draged over rocks and other stuff. Thanks.
Look at the last picture and you'll see that area has been changed so they're not nearly as exposed as they were.

As far as the other heads, we have a proprietary piece being developed that should help protect the heads. The main reason we did it that way is because it's very difficult to do any sort of recess with this thick (1/4"!) of aluminum plate. Any other solution would require welding a "box" or a tab on (like the other companies do) which creates a weak point. Bolts are cheaply replaceable, welds - not so much.

Stay tuned for what we have coming. I've put these plates through some pretty rough stuff and the bolts are still fine. You can see spots where the rocks have hit the bolts and they still go on and off just fine!

But like I said, stay tuned. I can't really discuss very many details until after SEMA.

- Patrick

·
Registered
540 Posts
Patrick,

Since you're heading my way on your way to SEMA, stop by and I'll buy you a 6pack of beer while I stand and drool over your rig :grinbiginvert: And see your new plates first hand :)

Rick

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
not to be mean but they look like a cheap knock off of Bud Builts. And what are the big holes in the front for? those will catch sand and rocks something fierce.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
not to be mean but they look like a cheap knock off of Bud Builts. And what are the big holes in the front for? those will catch sand and rocks something fierce.
I have to respectfully disagree, they're nothing like Bud's plates, really. They have some similar features but if you read the forums I had these before he developed his (probably around the same time) and I know for a fact I had the first gas tank skid plate, I just never got around to marketing them unfortunately. Really, these designs are over a year and a half old now.

The big holes on the front were for transfer case cooling since the stock ones have vents, but according to the trail teams guys I talked to they aren't necessary so the plates going on for SEMA aren't going to have them.

- Patrick

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
Right on bro, I meant no disrespect, Just an honest response from a less than informed cat. :)

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
i have a demello front skid but i need the rear stuff when you post prices and items im definatly interested

·
Registered
49 Posts
Announcement? pricing please. Will these work with ARB Bumpers front and rear?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts