Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

281 - 300 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
I was about to pull the trigger on the Toytec and stumbled upon this guy, still haven't dropped the cash but it's coming :rocker:

I'm not saying Toytec is bad, I just wish I had not gotten the base coilover lift I did. Looking at this iron man stuff for my dad's 4Runner.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
410 Posts
I'm not saying Toytec is bad, I just wish I had not gotten the base coilover lift I did. Looking at this iron man stuff for my dad's 4Runner.
Yea no doubt about Toytec, their product seems pretty badass and is widely used. What year runner is he driving? My first vehicle was a 4runner, damn good suv...

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Yea no doubt about Toytec, their product seems pretty badass and is widely used. What year runner is he driving? My first vehicle was a 4runner, damn good suv...

2012. Slowly going to turn it into a beast when my dad isn't looking. He's the most observant family member though. He noticed my plastidip work, no one else does... :).

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Hey man! Sorry was out for the holidays!

Did you get all your answers?:clap:
It looks like the tophat is different (the part that attaches to the truck?). Do you sell the extended travel as just the coilovers, or do they only come in the package w/ UCA's and rear suspension? Do you have travel numbers on the two coilover models, exact or guestimate? I'm hoping to buy from you, since you're the one who really sold me on it. :clap:
Still in the family discussion stage of this decision, but it sounds likely.
Happy holidays!

EDIT: Got your PM right after posting, thanks for your help!

·
Registered
106 Posts
I just wanted to follow back up after having my FCP's installed for a few months now. Absolutely no regrets, if I bought another FJ I'd buy another setup of Foam Cell Pro's in a heartbeat. Nick was great to work with and I would definitely buy from him again. My only recommendation would be to ship out the fronts pre-set to take the drivers side lean into account and label them "Driver" / "Passenger". I installed mine and still had quite a bit of lean after they settled. I had to re-adjust and re-align. In my case the lean was fairly significant and required an additional 1cm of preload on the drivers side to get a level FJ.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I just wanted to follow back up after having my FCP's installed for a few months now. Absolutely no regrets, if I bought another FJ I'd buy another setup of Foam Cell Pro's in a heartbeat. Nick was great to work with and I would definitely buy from him again. My only recommendation would be to ship out the fronts pre-set to take the drivers side lean into account and label them "Driver" / "Passenger". I installed mine and still had quite a bit of lean after they settled. I had to re-adjust and re-align. In my case the lean was fairly significant and required an additional 1cm of preload on the drivers side to get a level FJ.
Good to note, thanks for the info.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Vegas Nick, I am interested in the extended travel package of the IM foam cell pro suspension for my '13 TTE. Mostly hung up on which springs to get. I currently have the stock bumpers, but am planning at least a front bumper and maybe a winch within the year. If I went with the "B" springs now, can I just get the "C" springs later? If so, what would the cost be for those? Feel free to PM me with pricing if you are allowed to.
Thanks.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Vegas Nick, I am interested in the extended travel package of the IM foam cell pro suspension for my '13 TTE. Mostly hung up on which springs to get. I currently have the stock bumpers, but am planning at least a front bumper and maybe a winch within the year. If I went with the "B" springs now, can I just get the "C" springs later? If so, what would the cost be for those? Feel free to PM me with pricing if you are allowed to.
Thanks.
I actually have that same question was gonna just talk to him when I ordered but if you hear anything I'd be curious to know also.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #297
Thanks.
No worries. The front springs are $168 a set.

·
Registered
18 Posts
FINALLY! Got the delivery date for our container!

We'll post up a code for the $100 off sale for Christmas in the next day or so!

@Vegas_Nick did you post the code for the Christmas sale yet? Looking forward to some IM components.
Thanks.
Jeff

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #300
Ok, the coupon code for the full suspension setup is "Ironman100". Good for $100 of the full setup. Keep in mind, the container just arrived and it takes about 3-5 days to assemble and ship and order. We don't assemble ahead of time because of the springs. When you place your order, if you have a winch or heavy bumper, annotate that in the comments. Do not hesitate to contact me if you have questions.

Iron Man Foam Cell Pro Suspension System for FJ Cruiser and T4R (3? lift) | ExCop Offroad

I do hate to say that Ironman is going to discontinue the extended travel coilovers for the time being. We had a few sets that had serious squeaky top caps, so until that is sorted out, we will only offer the standard travel version.

281 - 300 of 618 Posts