Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

441 - 460 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #442
Hey everyone,

If someone could do this for me, I would be super grateful. If someone with a close to stock weight fj with the B springs that sits fairly level could measure how far from the bottom of the threads to the liking collar, that would be great.

This is just so I have a rough idea of how far to move them up.

Thanks,
Matt

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
I just texted you the pic with dimensions of where to set them.

·
Registered
1,217 Posts
My buddy has a spanner, so we'll see if it works. If not, I'll be ordering one off of Amazon. Just my 35s are going on Friday... lol
Thanks for your help!

Hey Matt any updates on the ride since you cranked them up? My friend is looking at these or Toytec.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hey Matt any updates on the ride since you cranked them up? My friend is looking at these or Toytec.

I am going to actually have a shop adjust them next Wednesday. I don't know why mine are so stiff but I bent a spanner wrench trying to adjust them. If I could do it over, my feeling is I would get the A rear springs. Even though I hit the front bumpstops over big bumps these are way better than my Toytec lift.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I am going to actually have a shop adjust them next Wednesday. I don't know why mine are so stiff but I bent a spanner wrench trying to adjust them. If I could do it over, my feeling is I would get the A rear springs. Even though I hit the front bumpstops over big bumps these are way better than my Toytec lift.

Wow...
Mine moved without too much work when they were good and lubed up. :wink
I'm very jealous of your 35's, lots of pics when you get them mounted.

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Wow...

Mine moved without too much work when they were good and lubed up. :wink

I'm very jealous of your 35's, lots of pics when you get them mounted.

Looks like I might be able to flip the Duratracs for a nice profit... If so, then I'll get the KO2s. Lol. It is tempting to go back to 33s. 35s just look so good.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Looks like I might be able to flip the Duratracs for a nice profit... If so, then I'll get the KO2s. Lol. It is tempting to go back to 33s. 35s just look so good.

When was the last time you actually kept a set of tires on your fj for more than a couple of months?:laugh

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Good choice. Now, back on topic:
Has anyone combined FCP fronts with the MT long travel rear setup? Is there any advantage/disadvantages to doing this?

·
Registered
68 Posts
@Vegas_Nick Are your customers rear shocks touching the axle at full droop? I just noticed mine were at full extension.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #452
@Vegas_Nick Are your customers rear shocks touching the axle at full droop? I just noticed mine were at full extension.
I have not seen this at all. The shocks can be put on backwards. The lower mount is offset. Check that.

I had one person tell me he put a washer behind the lower mount, but again I have never seen this in person or heard of it except for people that mounted them backwards.

·
Registered
355 Posts
@Vegas_Nick, Planning on purchasing a front set with the "C" springs for Mean Green as we've overheated our front 5100's a couple of times during our desert excursions. Pulling over to wait for your shocks to cool down REALLY sucks. Front weight is 120 lb Demello, rear is 200 lb(ish) Smittybilt bumper. Rear setup works well with the current Superflex2's with 5100's, front needs help. 37 and 1/2" in front from wheel well edge to ground would make it pretty level. What do you think?

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #455
@Vegas_Nick, Planning on purchasing a front set with the "C" springs for Mean Green as we've overheated our front 5100's a couple of times during our desert excursions. Pulling over to wait for your shocks to cool down REALLY sucks. Front weight is 120 lb Demello, rear is 200 lb(ish) Smittybilt bumper. Rear setup works well with the current Superflex2's with 5100's, front needs help. 37 and 1/2" in front from wheel well edge to ground would make it pretty level. What do you think?
I think with that weight and your usage, the C springs will work well. You can get that out of them. we have a container arriving any day now, so we'll be ready when you are!

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ready to order now but I'd like to go over presets with you before pulling the trigger. Do you have a wag on when they will be in stock and Is the "Ironman 50" code still valid?

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
@chris68 The rear shocks (which I'm assuming you're referring to) have an offset on the bottom shock mount. If incorrect orientation the shock housing will contact the axle. Spin the shock 180° and that will cure it.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
I'm wondering about the harsh ride as well. Because Iron man Canada doesn't sell the coilovers assembled, I had them pressed. I had the adjustment way to low. I'm sitting at stock height in the front right now with about a 3 inch rake... Lol

Does anyone know if the spanner wrenches from the Toytec boss lift or icon suspension works for adjusting these?

I lowered my tire pressure for now to smooth out the ride. It is far better on speed bumps than my 5100 kit was, and on gravel roads. Otherwise, I think the 5100 might have actually ridden better.

So yeah, just wondering if this will ware off and settle, or not.

Cheers

Hey Matt. Who did you get these through and how are you liking them now? Have you seen much settling in height; in particular on the driver's side? I have the Toytec Boss as you know. I like the ride, but did have a fair amount of settling on the driver's side - about a full inch in the first couple of thousand km's. Just curious. Thanks!

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hey Matt. Who did you get these through and how are you liking them now? Have you seen much settling in height; in particular on the driver's side? I have the Toytec Boss as you know. I like the ride, but did have a fair amount of settling on the driver's side - about a full inch in the first couple of thousand km's. Just curious. Thanks!

Got them through the Canadian supplier. Frankly they are a pain to deal with.

For ride I should have probably gotten the lightest springs, however, the handling of these is very good. Almost no nose dive, and very little side to side sway. And I'm not running either sway bar. I'm sure it would be even better onroad with them.

I will be putting a 35" on the back, and some heavier skids on the front,
So I may end up being happy I got these springs.

Your toytec boss is adjustable, so you could just have the drivers side adjusted up to get rid of the lean.

Cheers,
Matt

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Got them through the Canadian supplier. Frankly they are a pain to deal with.

For ride I should have probably gotten the lightest springs, however, the handling of these is very good. Almost no nose dive, and very little side to side sway. And I'm not running either sway bar. I'm sure it would be even better onroad with them.

I will be putting a 35" on the back, and some heavier skids on the front,
So I may end up being happy I got these springs.

Your toytec boss is adjustable, so you could just have the drivers side adjusted up to get rid of the lean.

Cheers,
Matt

Thanks Matt. Too bad about the Canadian dealer. Vegas_Nick seems to be the way to go for Ironman - if only our dollar was in better shape! I had the driver's side adjusted last time I was in the shop. It's sits level now, but the driver's side is now pretty much fully cranked to match the pre-set height on the passenger side. Hopefully it won't settle any more; or I'll have to start backing off the passenger side!

441 - 460 of 618 Posts