Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

461 - 480 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Thanks Matt. Too bad about the Canadian dealer. Vegas_Nick seems to be the way to go for Ironman - if only our dollar was in better shape! I had the driver's side adjusted last time I was in the shop. It's sits level now, but the driver's side is now pretty much fully cranked to match the pre-set height on the passenger side. Hopefully it won't settle any more; or I'll have to start backing off the passenger side!

Yeah, the other option is a kit from Old Man Emu. I believe it's called the trim packer kit or something. It uses a small spacer to level the truck instead of cranking the coil over up. My drivers side is sitting half an inch higher with a full tank of gas and me in the drivers seat.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Just want to know if there is anyone running their FCP's with no sway bars? One of my rear springs unseated, and I don't think it was that way right after the install, so it might have happened while flexing it out.

These things really can flex. I haven't lifted a tire yet. (Not gotten anywhere real serious though.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Just want to know if there is anyone running their FCP's with no sway bars? One of my rear springs unseated, and I don't think it was that way right after the install, so it might have happened while flexing it out.

These things really can flex. I haven't lifted a tire yet. (Not gotten anywhere real serious though.

Sway bars don't control wheel travel, shocks do.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts

I am running no front sway bar and no issues. On the rear I have Icon Overland progressive rate springs. I have been to full flex many times and have no issues with the springs unseating themselves.

·
Registered
355 Posts
@Vegas_Nick,
Your company and customer service ROCK!!!! UPS just dropped me off a package from excopoffroad, IRONMAN FCP'S !!!!!!! Looks like Mean Green gets a front suspension transplant this weekend. :rocker:

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #472
How does the back ride with the Icons paired with FCP.
As much as I personally despise all things Icon, they got it right with the progressive springs, and I mean they got it really right. I have heard of some good results with these springs, and I would gladly set up a package for you minus Ironman rear springs.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
How does the back ride with the Icons paired with FCP.
Without my rtt it's a little bit stiff but with the rtt it rides like a dream. Hit a few dips in the trail faster than I should have and never hit the bump stops! All in all I'd say that if you're like me and go between medium and full loads the progressive rate springs are the way to go!

With that being said I believe ironman(or possibly ome?) now has a progressive rate spring also.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
And the Icons are 3" lift so you get a bit of a rake but for me it's function over form.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Here's a pic of the FCP's set to 3" lift up front and FCP's and icon prog rate rear springs and a nominal load with rtt.

Attachments

·
Registered
355 Posts
I was so excited that we made the registration for the summit that I went and installed my Ironman front suspension on Mean Green, B-springs set for 3 inch lift. 3 hours start to finish. Out with the old and in with the new. Man these things are beefy. Time to take it for a run in the desert to set them in. Thanks again @Vegas_Nick. :clap:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
I was so excited that we made the registration for the summit that I went and installed my Ironman front suspension on Mean Green, B-springs set for 3 inch lift. 3 hours start to finish. Out with the old and in with the new. Man these things are beefy. Time to take it for a run in the desert to set them in. Thanks again @Vegas_Nick. :clap:
Make sure you have preserved at least 60mm downtravel(front) unless you got the extended travel spacer installed.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Make sure you have preserved at least 60mm downtravel(front) unless you got the extended travel spacer installed.
Please expand on your statement, you've got me curious now. I installed just the pre-assembled coilover, no spacer anywhere.

461 - 480 of 618 Posts