Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

521 - 540 of 618 Posts

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thread has been quiet lately. After a month of driving and over 1k miles I finally got my tires. The suspension is fantastic and the ride is better than I imagined. I would absolutely recommend/buy this same setup again. If you are on the fence about this suspension then take the dive, you won't regret it.

P.S. Speed bumps are more comfortable 30+mph than they are slowly.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Thread has been quiet lately. After a month of driving and over 1k miles I finally got my tires. The suspension is fantastic and the ride is better than I imagined. I would absolutely recommend/buy this same setup again. If you are on the fence about this suspension then take the dive, you won't regret it.

You only go 30? You should be going more like 45!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Getting my foam cell pros all worked out tomorrow. Got it apart today.:)
View attachment 727770

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Hell yea! If you got any questions let me know. You doing bumper also? EXO's are great, did about 50 miles this evening. Not much knowledge on tires but I love them so far. Slight road noise but that just means less I have to listen to the girlfriend.

·
Desert Moderator
5,613 Posts
You only go 30? You should be going more like 45!
Hahaha I have some videos that I won't share because I don't want to incriminate myself...

·
Registered
4,390 Posts
Hell yea! If you got any questions let me know. You doing bumper also? EXO's are great, did about 50 miles this evening. Not much knowledge on tires but I love them so far. Slight road noise but that just means less I have to listen to the girlfriend.

Haha, already had the FCPs on, just the adjusting collars on one of them seized. Iron man got me a replacement already!

Took my bumper off to do some refinishing. Also planning what to do, working with the fab guy to make a better approach angle.

·
Registered
1,888 Posts

I noticed that too! The rebound on the FCPs is crazy fast. Going over speed bumps really slow it seems kinda harsh as the wheels shoot back down to the ground, but going fast you almost don't even feel the bump. Pretty crazy.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Haha, already had the FCPs on, just the adjusting collars on one of them seized. Iron man got me a replacement already!

Took my bumper off to do some refinishing. Also planning what to do, working with the fab guy to make a better approach angle.

Duh I knew that. I remember your picture of the shock next to a nail for comparison or something like that :rofl:

·
Registered
410 Posts
I noticed that too! The rebound on the FCPs is crazy fast. Going over speed bumps really slow it seems kinda harsh as the wheels shoot back down to the ground, but going fast you almost don't even feel the bump. Pretty crazy.
Yes it's really mind blowing. I'm sure I look like a sausage doing it but normal folk wouldn't understand.

·
Registered
3,079 Posts
Discussion Starter #532

Looking AWESOME!

Sorry I stopped getting notifications when people post. We're still selling them! In fact. other than Ironman USA, I think we are the ONLY ones in the US! Ironman made some serious marketing changes a few months back and we were lucky enough to be hang on to our distributorship.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
@Vegas_nick, I PMed you with a question, so whenever you're back from getting abducted by aliens or whatever you do in the desert, please take a look.

Also, I took the front sway bar off last week and the FCPs keep the FJ very composed. I have a steel bumper and the C springs. These shocks are everything I hoped when I ordered them.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Second time my spring isolators from ironman have blown out. Less than 7500 miles.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
Did a little flexing this weekend. Personally think I could have gotten more but my spotter called it good so I didn't push any further. Sway bars attached as you could imagine.

I agree with you, you could have driven up until you teetered on 2 wheels lol

Sent from a NiPhone, using auto-correct to eff things up with Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Like this maybe?

Attachments

521 - 540 of 618 Posts