Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted in Mud with my same Screen Name. I contracted IPOR to SAS my 2004 4Runner. ~3years later and I'm still having issues. I got dinged by the mods for what they determined were reposts and I don't feel like starting from scratch again. So save yourself some heartache and thoroughly research IPOR before giving them any business.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Anyone should be able to easily fulfill an order for a 3rd party bolt-on production piece. That part of the business should, and probably is, a no-brainer.

It's the fab side of the IPOR house that's suspect. I like Cam, Vince and Nate...I really do, but google Milgram Experiment and see why I'm playing :boohoo: for them (especially after years and $$ of this treatment). I expected them to be made of sterner stuff.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Military speak: To meet or exceed minimum requirements or standards

:cheers:
Is this at all relevant to the expression "muster the troops"?

·
Registered
386 Posts
Yup, one would muster the troops in order to inspect the troops to make sure that they meet the minimum standard expected.............Thus passing muster.

·
Premium Member
13,453 Posts
Curious to see what the other party has to say. There is always 3 sides to every story.

Your side

Their side

and somewhere in the middle lies the truth.

·
Premium Member
2007 Black FJC
2,204 Posts
This got me looking up the origin of "pass muster":

From the OED, with the earliest citations:

d. orig. Mil. to pass muster: to undergo muster or inspection without censure; (later in extended use) to come up to the required standard, to be beyond reproach or criticism; to be taken or accepted as (occas. for) something. Also †to pass the muster(s).

1573 G. Gascoigne Disc. Aduentures Master F. I. in Hundreth Sundrie Flowres 226 It was deuised in great disquiet of mynd, and written in rage, yet haue I seene much worse passe the musters.
1580 T. Churchyard Pleasaunte Laborinth: Churchyardes Chance 27 A goodly troupe of armed men, did passe the Muster.
1598 Acts Privy Council XXIX. 21 You must have spetiall care that not wone [sic] dwellers, victuallers, horsboyes, hirelinges or vagrant pasvolentes do offer to passe musters in the bandes.
1627 J. Smith Sea Gram. xii. 56 Such a Ship‥might well passe muster for a man of warre.
1673 Articles & Rules for better Govt. of H.M. Forces xliv, No Muster-Master shall knowingly let any pass the Musters, but such as are qualified.
1689 London Gaz. No. 2426/4, The new Regiment Commanded by the Prince de Steinhuise has pass'd Muster.
1738 Swift Compl. Coll. Genteel Conversat. 42 She may pass Muster well enough.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Lance picked up the truck in person. He expressed his desire to set things right for me. He imagined most of the work would be done by tonight. There are some missing OEM parts he has to go source, but he estimated no more than 2 or 3 days.

He will have a transmission shop dissassemble the first tranny. If they determine the failure was caused by their work, he will refund my money for that.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Update...Wiring harness has been soldered and shrinktubed back to stock config. The hum is still there. After talking to Wyatt and Lance, as I understand it, the shifter swap most probably shorted something in the ECM.

Wyatt is sending a needed speed sensor part to IPOR, which should arrive early next week. Once IPOR configures everything just like Dave's, they will retest. If the hum is still present, they will obtain a replacement ECM and retest again. If the hum is still present after that...

Wyatt did mention that even in that short of time, it could be possible something happened to tranny #2...so they'll cross that bridge if it comes to it.
:(

·
Registered
604 Posts
Geesh , that's alot of what if's & maybe's !

I really hope for your sake that someone will correct the bad issues and put your rig together the way it was promised to you !

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Speedo Sensor part arrived. IPOR has sent me some photos of their fit and finish revisions. Things are looking nice. Hopefully the electrical fix is now easily isolated and fixed. Crossing my fingers we're nearing resolution. :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts