Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
New FJ owner and was in midst of a Dasaita head unit install and ran into this unfortunate issue. I knew the previous owner had a high end stereo set up in this rig and had returned the original head unit to the console before the sale. As I pulled the switch and hvac control circuit board out of the face plate the hazard/defrost switch assembly just fell right out of the ribbon connection on the main circuit board.

Do the contact points just fold over and punch down into the circuit board connector or do I need to find a replacement switch assembly?

Always love it when a simple project becomes a complex one - not.

·
Registered
456 Posts
There is a good chance that you can just plug in the ribbon cable. It doesn't fold over, should just push into the circuit board. The small black piece is likely there to help clamp and retain the ribbon cable. If it doesn't snap into place it may be possible to glue it. Just make sure the 2 switches function properly before doing so. If the switches don't work try flipping the ribbon cable and retest. These connections are very common in laptops, tablets, phones etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts