Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2008 Fj with 112k miles for 19,000 that has been completely modded. The dealership doesn't have any of the parts listed on the information page which doesn't help my case. But I want to know if it would even be worth it to buy it and what issues to look out for that could make my life harder

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
12,206 Posts
It is really going to depend on what has been done. Top shelf suspension requires regular maintenance and sooner or later a rebuild. Lots of electrical - be prepared to chase gremlins.

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
Eth77777,
Just my $00.02, I would suggest:
a.) Find a local FJ guru (ask here) & ask dealer if you can have it independently inspected (RED FLAG if dealer won't),
and/or
b.) Take detailed photos: engine bay, underneath, interior etc. & post
Preferably BOTH
RED FLAG if dealer won't
Well done mods can be a hidden treasure
poorly done WILL BE a money pit
Don't get blinded by love...
D ? ? (??‍♀ not a guru)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here's the best pictures for under the car and any possible red flags. I am in no way an expert so on a scale of 1-10 how bad is it?

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
The green interior. and red doors :unsure: Has a Rough country lift. the roof looks to be spray painted ? the entire thing has been repainted. or they changed the doors for some reason ? For that price i think you can find better

·
Premium Member
2,015 Posts
That was painted with bed liner so i hope you really like the color. everything has been painted. inside. and out. with bed liner

·
Registered
890 Posts
I spy a particularly crusty undercarriage. Id be taking a look up close at that.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The green interior. and red doors :unsure: Has a Rough country lift. the roof looks to be spray painted ? the entire thing has been repainted. or they changed the doors for some reason ? For that price i think you can find better
It was originally maroon

·
Registered
2007 FJC 4x4.
9,863 Posts
So crusty. The paint and all the rest looks horrible too. Going to ride like absolute junk too. Cheap lift, cheap wheels, cheap tires, ect ect. All dirty scratched and faded. If the wheels didnt look half nice, it would be worth low teens at best IMO. someone ruined that truck.

I would avoid that thing like Covid if I were you.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I can only imagine how it's been driven. Run .............. Run really fast!

·
Registered
2 Posts
I guess I'm a little late and generally agree with everyone here. When in doubt take it to someone who knows. I bought my 2008 FJ from the dealer and he didn't realize it had mods. Literally told me it was stock but "super easy to mod, dude" I talked him down in price...lol It had an old man emu 3in coil over lift and brand new cooper stt pro 33's Ive since added steel front and back bumpers/winch, on board air compressor, and light bar. I'm glad I did electrical myself. If theres ever an issue I have a much better understanding of why..

·
Registered
37 Posts
My FJ is super modded 2010 buy it, lol. Steel Demello bumper, old man emu coil overs, morimoto RGB headlights. Top notch mods here pal! Trying to sell it PM If interested

·
Registered
34 Posts
Too bad you didn't live closer , have our 08 FJ with 99K on the OD would sell you.
We are the original owner and its bone stock.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts