Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here happen to have any experience with dougthorley.com (not dougthorleyheaders.com). On January 7th I ordered a set of short-tube headers and paid using Paypal. Two weeks later after receiving no shipment notification or any form of update, I wrote them an email asking the status of my order. Someone called me about 2 days later and stated that the headers would ship the following week due to some supply problem.

Here we are. it is March 8th and after sending repeated emails to their customer service address and leaving several voicemails over the past couple of months, I have neither received a set of headers nor heard a single word from their customer service department. I'm really starting to question if I'm actually going to get a set of headers. Has anyone else ordered anything from them?

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
Whois info for DougThorley.com

BJ's offroad, based out of Gig Harbor.

Zip code listed is for Gig Harbor, Washington... I don't know what the 'P' means in that address listing. The area code for the phone number looks to be the Seattle area, so that's good.

Contact email uses the bjsoffroad.com domain, which looks like it sells Jeep parts, maybe do some searches for Jeeper site reviews for them?

bjsoffroad.com has a customer support forum! That might be a good place to politely ask a question, for some of their other customers to see.

There is also a Live Chat mentioned on this page, maybe try that during normal business hours?

The domain (dougthorley.com) has been registered since 2001.

Whois results for bjsoffroad.com has some more names and addresses. It shows being registered since 2002.

I'm in the Seattle area, though I've never heard of them (that doesn't mean much). I don't get over to Gig Harbor much.

Hope some of that info helps.

·
Registered
2,038 Posts
LOL
I was just throwing it out there, I don't know if they're reputable or not. They at least appear to have been around for a little while.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Whitepages.com lists that number as Unpublished but does say that 253-479-1922 is a landline from Kent, WA. Otherwise I didn't see anything that would give me confidence that they are legit.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well...my headers did finally come in. I ended up having to file a late dispute through Paypal (over the phone) to get customer service's attention. If anyone plans to buy through that site, be prepared to wait a very long time for your order.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts