Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
So, after many hours (30 or so of them) of driving through corn, cows, and well...more corn, we've made it home. The drive back was surely interesting. We ran the full temperature spectrum...75 when we left Ouray...100 in Grand Junction...72 in Vail....95 in Denver....and so on and so on...all the way back to a calm 82 degrees at home. I miss Ouray...

What a trip! What an amazing group of people!! Thank you all for the laughs and chatter :)

:) nic

·
Mistress of Mud
2,684 Posts
Was that your first time up in that area? Pretty awesome country isn't it? Welcome back safe and sound, well safe at least...:)
Thanks. Rarely have I ever been discribed as sound. My first trip to the Utah/Co area. I personally thought Utah was gorgeous! I prefer red rock to icy mountains. It was so.......not flat out there.

·
Registered
3,993 Posts
Thanks. Rarely have I ever been discribed as sound. My first trip to the Utah/Co area. I personally thought Utah was gorgeous! I prefer red rock to icy mountains. It was so.......not flat out there.
Well anytime ya want to come out to humble state let us know....:)

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
finnaly got home last night at 3:30am.took the long way home through san antonio,houston then springfield,il.3996 miles and the fj brought us back safe and sound.lots of rain on the way home through tx.i'm ready for next years event,hopefully back in ouray!!!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Glad you made it home, bro. It was great to see a fellow Illinoisan at the Summit. :)
thanks dragon,i'll catch you at the next event.

·
Premium Member
3,642 Posts
Got home Thursday.

Claudia and I went to Moab for a couple of days (beyond hot), and then we went to Fish Lake Utah for a few more.

I would recommend Fish Lake.

Beautiful place, nice trails, and cool temperatures.

We had a great time at the Summit.

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Got back 2 days ago, man what journey:D thanks squire for the single barrel number 1's mmmmmm sooo tasty. It was great to finally meet all of you in person I wish it could have been longer, glad everyone made it safely home. Can't wait till next time:bananahump-slvrathl

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Got back 7:30ish (east coast time) this past Saturday, the 21st. We spent 3 days in Moab, then headed back home pretty much the way we drove out to the Summit. Ohh man, some long days of driving! I think the most we put in on one day was 590 miles.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Ohh man, some long days of driving! I think the most we put in on one day was 590 miles.
We understand that one! We did about 750 miles (Lincoln, NE to Toledo, OH) to get home. I imagine that you, too, had some pretty boring stretches of road. One can only look at corn and cows for so long :)

Glad to hear you made it back! Have a great week!

·
FJ Expeditions R Us
4,084 Posts
We are still traveling! We're in Twin Falls, ID and next week will be in Walla Walla, WA. Then head home Aug. 3rd.

We're still reflecting and enjoying the fun, fellowship and spirit of the Summit!

Let's make sure next years has a bigger attendance and continues the spirit!

dale and shirley

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got home at 4:30 am last Friday via Flamming Gorge WY., Salt Lake City, and Navajo Lake.

Lost AC on the way through northwest Colorado.(100 degrees) Aftermarket bumper rubbed a hole in the condenser line.
Poor installation, bushing slipped.(Me)
Stopped at a Toyota dealership in SLC and the only parts were in California, 3 days wait and $650.00. No go.
Spent Thursday afternoon in St. George Ut. (107 degrees) motel room sleeping, got up at 10:00pm (100 Degrees) and made a dash across to San Diego. Just like when we used to visit Ca. in the 60s with no air on route 66.

PS. Can those of you on the Saturday 9:30 Black Bear Pass hit me off line with any links to photos so we can share?

[email protected]

81 - 100 of 117 Posts