Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just thinking about the recent addition of our 20,000th forum member and playing around with the sales figures for the FJ Cruiser. As of March 2008, the sales have been reported to be a total of 123,193 for the U.S. and Canada. What this means is that the forum membership could represent 16% of all of the FJs sold. Of course, there are many members who joined to get info and haven't purchased one, those who were members and later sold their FJs, and couples - but STILL, if only 12,320 of us were actually owners, it would be 10% of all FJ owners in the U.S. and Canada!

To me, this is very impressive considering that there has only been a little over two years of official availability. Am I the only one who thinks that this this is significant? Does anybody know of any other forum dedicated to a single vehicle make and model that can boast this achievement? Perhaps we FJers are naturally gregarious and prone to forum membership. :D

Congrats fjcruiserforums.com! :cheers:

·
Premium Member
2,477 Posts
I am proud to be one of the 20,000 members. Those are some very impressive #'s

·
Registered
499 Posts
very significant, it's a comradery thing. btw, talked to a great guy today who saw me and my friend taking pics by the fj, came over and talked for a bit. Turns out he's interested in getting a TT so i showed him around it and suggested him to the forum. Hope you get the FJ and to see you around Paul!

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Excellent numbers for sure. A good place to find vendors for every modification made for the vehicle. A good place to find like-minded folks to share adventures, BS and technical knowledge.

It's a good place.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Excellent numbers for sure. A good place to find vendors for every modification made for the vehicle. A good place to find like-minded folks to share adventures, BS and technical knowledge.

It's a good place.

Unless you're a richard.:rofl:
Watch it! This might be your last post before you get banned! :lol:

Seriously though, I wonder if we are participating in making Internet history on this forum... Is there anybody more knowledgeable about forums in general (admin?) who could shed some light about the reality of our self-engrandizement here?

·
Premium Member
742 Posts
Watch it! This might be your last post before you get banned! :lol:

Seriously though, I wonder if we are participating in making Internet history on this forum... Is there anybody more knowledgeable about forums in general (admin?) who could shed some light about the reality of our self-engrandizement here?
Dang! You're fast. I immediately edited that out. The mods are cool here. It's the jerks I can do without. I tend to fire at will when someone is just heaving trash around. Gotta be careful.

Anyway, I've never seen anything like this site. I'm a member of a couple of other sites and they're good and all, but not as well bonded as this community. I think it's because many of the old schoolers are from the days of yore FJs, (40s and 60s) and are walking Toyota reference manuals..............and, have become sort of gems in the rough. Combine that with some of the young techies that are super at what they do and very willing to help out, and you have a keeper site! FJC.

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I have heard it said that Toyota Corporate peeks in now and then......You would think if even 10% of the customer base was in here it would be a treasure trove of info for their R&D department.......

Did the guy that got in on the focus group ever hear back on the stuff he took from us to them?

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Also keep in mind that some of the members like the FJ so much they bought more than one. So even though there are 20,000 members, some members might have more than 1 FJ. :D

·
Registered
2,359 Posts
Yes very impressive. 20,000 members and growing. I love this forum. My wife says I'm addicted to it, and I say with a laugh, Ya so whats your point.(Dear). I've learned a ton from this place and it has the best people that I've ever not meet, If you know what I mean. :rocker:Rocker thumbs up to every.

·
Registered
851 Posts
Well, duh, this is the best forum on the net!

But really, the numbers are very significant. I think it's outstanding that we have so many FJ lovers on the forum, and I am proud to be part of it!

:clap::clap::clap:

·
Registered
476 Posts
In only a few words. We kick ass.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Hey Toyota,

We're FJ owners
We're proud
and we're in your face! :lol:

Sorry, I couldn't help it.

·
Banned
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i like it! i think toyota should send trail team gear to all the forum members who ask for it :D
You know, it's not like we're begging for handouts either. I've become such a Toyota fan now and I promote the company and its products every chance that I get...

But no matter, regardless of whether we were rewarded for our hard work - :lol: - promoting Toyota, I'll remain a satisfied customer!

·
Registered
112 Posts
You know, it's not like we're begging for handouts either. I've become such a Toyota fan now and I promote the company and its products every chance that I get...

But no matter, regardless of whether we were rewarded for our hard work - :lol: - promoting Toyota, I'll remain a satisfied customer!
I just wonder how many FJ's that have been sold can be accredited to the information that buyers obtained within this forum or the members showing off their rigs and talking to people outside of it!!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts