Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With Black Out Kits and all of the Build Outs and Mods that people do to FJs now, is having a True Trail Teams Edition a big deal these days? I know that there were limited numbers built, and in 2009 they didn't build any, so they are rare. Those numbers are only going to get lower over time. Will people be saying one day "I have a numbers matching FJ Cruiser TT"?

If it is a big deal, how much? All things equal with two trucks (miles and overall shape of the truck), one a TT and one not, how much more would you pay for the True TT?

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
IMO - yes, but limited to the 2011's. Those are the most durable and, according to a survey I just took, the sexiest. The 2011 TTSE also has the best tasting buttons. Not to mention the best in class door closing sound. I believe, and this may be all in my head, the original blacked out mirrors on the TTSE's are clearer than the non-TTSE's and the 2011's show you the past as well.

But, you know, it's like, my opinion man.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
IMO - yes, but limited to the 2011's. Those are the most durable and, according to a survey I just took, the sexiest. The 2011 TTSE also has the best tasting buttons. Not to mention the best in class door closing sound. I believe, and this may be all in my head, the original blacked out mirrors on the TTSE's are clearer than the non-TTSE's and the 2011's show you the past as well.

But, you know, it's like, my opinion man.
And if we agreed with you we'd all be wrong. >:D

·
Premium Member
606 Posts
And if we agreed with you we'd all be wrong. >:D
But if we all agreed with me, in this current environment of "stupid" that is going on in the US, wouldn't we be right?

Imma shut up now before I get banned....:smile

·
Registered
397 Posts
And if we agreed with you we'd all be wrong. /forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_devil.png
But if we all agreed with me, in this current environment of "stupid" that is going on in the US, wouldn't we be right?

Imma shut up now before I get banned..../forums/images/FJCruiser2/smilies/tango_face_smile.png
Watch it! You just got yourself on the double-top-secret probation list. Just one more...

:rofl:

·
Registered
397 Posts
Admittedly, the 2011 TTSE is pretty awesome, but 12 > 11, and we all know bigger is ALWAYS better :smoker:

That being said, the TT is always going to elicit that “wow factor” and demand a higher price from collectors. But for those of us who plan to never sell, or who have heavily modified our rides, this is irrelevant.

After all the crappy electrical work I’ve done on mine, it’s a priceless one-of-a-kind :bigthumb:

Dan

·
4-Corners Moderator
4,850 Posts
So as far as Special Edition FJs are concerned, it all depends on your reasoning for getting an FJ in the first place.

If you plan on modding your FJ out by replacing the factory rock sliders, suspension, and wheels/tires, then you might as well get a standard FJ, since otherwise they are the same mechanically and those options are some of the only things that give a special edition FJ an "edge" over a standard FJ.

But from a visual perspective, there are of course certain colors or color combos that are highly sought after that make them more exclusive. Radient Red and Heritage Blue were colors only ever offered as Special/Ultimate Editions while other colors were available on special edition and standard FJs but only had the color matched roof if they were special editions. (Black Diamond Pearl, Sandstorm, Army Green, Cement Grey). With enough effort you can definitely build up your own special edition look-a-like, from just a visual perspective, for example if you take an Iceburg FJ and black out the trim, get 16" black TRD wheels, and add some Trail Teams badges, the average buyer would never know the difference.

But my reasoning for enjoying Special Edition FJs so much is you know for sure you are getting everything possible, from the actual exclusiveness and rareness of your FJ to the different visual feel of the color matched roof with the blacked out trim, to the fact that it comes with all the bells and whistles from the factory that some standard FJs may be lacking and would be a pain to add after-the fact (rear power inverter, triple dash cluster, etc.)

·
Registered
915 Posts
Biased opinion (Ha!):

Someone can tell me until they're blue in the face that the '12 TTSE Radiant Red isn't special and I'll never get it. It's a fantastic color for *any* vehicle, and quite catching on the TTSE w/ the rest of it blacked out.

:redblob:

·
Premium Member
1,348 Posts
Biased opinion (Ha!):

Someone can tell me until they're blue in the face that the '12 TTSE Radiant Red isn't special and I'll never get it. It's a fantastic color for *any* vehicle, and quite catching on the TTSE w/ the rest of it blacked out.

:redblob:
Have to agree here. 12TT are unique:grin

·
A-Team Moderator
8,221 Posts
...and would be a pain to add after-the fact (rear power inverter, triple dash cluster, etc.)
Yet totally useless IMHO. Insert pic of '11 NSSE/51 here. :rofl:

Biased opinion (Ha!):

Someone can tell me until they're blue in the face that the '12 TTSE Radiant Red isn't special and I'll never get it. It's a fantastic color for *any* vehicle, and quite catching on the TTSE w/ the rest of it blacked out. :redblob:
:eek:utofcloset: >:D ;)

Find an '11 Army Green with no dash top cluster (NSSE) or a rare base model with no lights in the mirrors & has A-Trac and locking diff. Or maybe the 1 of 25 2014 TTUE's that went to Hawaii Servco Distribution that didn't have the "OMG gotta have it" 1 of 2500 (<<< an incorrect # BTW) dash plaque and are not in the Toyota North American database. :surprise

Toyota said there were actually 2500 and ONE = 2501, BUT 25 went to HI w/out the dash plaque, so what's the real number??? 2476 or 2526? :thinkerg:

·
Registered
338 Posts
I like the color matching roofs but most of the rest is the same.
This - and if you value blacked out stuff (from the factory) and a badge or 2. The rest can be had or improved upon for reasonable $$$

Here is what my 2013 TT Package came with...and I do love the Cement color (and no white roof) :smile :

Package includes Cement Gray exterior color; black bumpers, grille, door handles, rock rails;
aluminum doorsill scuff plate; Trail Teams badge, TRD 16-in. off-road beadlock-style wheels
with black finishing, BFGoodrich® All-Terrain LT265/75R16 tires, wheel locks, rear wiper,
privacy glass on rear side, quarter and rear door windows, roof rack; cruise control, leathertrimmed
steering wheel, floating-ball Multi-Information Display with inclinometer, compass and
outside temperature; gray-accented door trim, steering wheel and fabric seat inserts; remote
keyless entry system, auto-dimming rearview mirror with integrated backup camera2 display,
one 115V/400W AC power outlet, Active Traction Control (A-TRAC), Crawl Control (CRAWL),3
electronically controlled locking rear differential,4 and Trail-tuned Bilstein shock absorbers.

·
Premium Member
11,613 Posts
Yet totally useless IMHO. Insert pic of '11 NSSE/51 here. :rofl:

:eek:utofcloset: >:D ;)

Find an '11 Army Green with no dash top cluster (NSSE) or a rare base model with no lights in the mirrors & has A-Trac and locking diff. Or maybe the 1 of 25 2014 TTUE's that went to Hawaii Servco Distribution that didn't have the "OMG gotta have it" 1 of 2500 (<<< an incorrect # BTW) dash plaque and are not in the Toyota North American database. :surprise

Toyota said there were actually 2500 and ONE = 2501, BUT 25 went to HI w/out the dash plaque, so what's the real number??? 2476 or 2526? :thinkerg:
I hsve one of these

·
Registered
188 Posts
With Black Out Kits and all of the Build Outs and Mods that people do to FJs now, is having a True Trail Teams Edition a big deal these days? I know that there were limited numbers built, and in 2009 they didn't build any, so they are rare. Those numbers are only going to get lower over time. Will people be saying one day "I have a numbers matching FJ Cruiser TT"?

If it is a big deal, how much? All things equal with two trucks (miles and overall shape of the truck), one a TT and one not, how much more would you pay for the True TT?
Bragging rights

1 - 20 of 26 Posts