Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here; my husband and I just bought our new-to-us 08 FJ a few days ago. Lucky for us it's in great condition and it's the type we wanted- all white roof and sides with black everything else. Recently found that this means it's special edition but it doesn't have any badges, maybe it didn't come with them or someone took them off (the guy prior did a few mods: lift kit and added light bar on top)? Also, there is a combo 3 letter and 6 digit sequence printed on all of our windows- it's not the VIN, so what is it? Thanks for any and all feedback, this is definitely the coolest car I've ever owned!

·
Registered
339 Posts
I don't think it is a TT - all whites have been around a while. Maybe someone else will chime in. I don't see a TT in the 08 brochure. Yet there is no white....repaint?

Don't lose sleep about it - still a great truck - 4WD (got the transfer case shifter)?

Not sure about the window etches - some states/locations/insurance co's want you to do that for lower premiums. Don't believe VINs were ever etched from the factory

Edit - brochure is Canadian - i believe...likely is a US TT

Attachments

·
Registered
94 Posts
Edited to say it’s definitely got all the TT edition pieces from 08, I have the same. No Trail Teams badge on the passenger dash?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
980 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
The White FJ TT is 2008 Production!! Congrats Lexcp Beautiful FJ !!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Newbie here; my husband and I just bought our new-to-us 08 FJ a few days ago. Lucky for us it's in great condition and it's the type we wanted- all white roof and sides with black everything else. Recently found that this means it's special edition but it doesn't have any badges, maybe it didn't come with them or someone took them off (the guy prior did a few mods: lift kit and added light bar on top)? Also, there is a combo 3 letter and 6 digit sequence printed on all of our windows- it's not the VIN, so what is it? Thanks for any and all feedback, this is definitely the coolest car I've ever owned!
View attachment 1116488
Run your VIN on this site to see what the options are

·
Registered
77 Posts
Newbie here; my husband and I just bought our new-to-us 08 FJ a few days ago. Lucky for us it's in great condition and it's the type we wanted- all white roof and sides with black everything else. Recently found that this means it's special edition but it doesn't have any badges, maybe it didn't come with them or someone took them off (the guy prior did a few mods: lift kit and added light bar on top)? Also, there is a combo 3 letter and 6 digit sequence printed on all of our windows- it's not the VIN, so what is it? Thanks for any and all feedback, this is definitely the coolest car I've ever owned! View attachment 1116488
Welcome! I have a ‘14 Iceberg and I love it! I don’t think your ‘08 is a Trail Teams edition. Actually, I think ‘08 was the only year that Toyota did not have a TT or TRD version! The Icebergs white-on-white has been available from ‘08 onwards. Attached is a pictorial summary of each trim by year. I got it from this forum so sorry if I’m sharing incorrectly!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Newbie here; my husband and I just bought our new-to-us 08 FJ a few days ago. Lucky for us it's in great condition and it's the type we wanted- all white roof and sides with black everything else. Recently found that this means it's special edition but it doesn't have any badges, maybe it didn't come with them or someone took them off (the guy prior did a few mods: lift kit and added light bar on top)? Also, there is a combo 3 letter and 6 digit sequence printed on all of our windows- it's not the VIN, so what is it? Thanks for any and all feedback, this is definitely the coolest car I've ever owned! View attachment 1116488
I just bought mine yesterday! 2008 TT with under 100k miles, great condition. Your FJ has all the signs of a TT, besides the rock bars( some complain about the stock bars so could have been removed & replaced). TT's are marked by bages on on the rear and glove box compartment. TT's come with blistien shocks, mono color paint, bages, TRD rims, subwoofer, and the A-TRAC and rear lock options included. Do you still have the mats? Should be labeled with Trail teams logo.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Using the VIN on the Toyota Owners website WILL be the definitive answer, but this thread will be of interest to you.

·
Admin
6,590 Posts
Likely not a Trail Teams FJ due to the lack of badging. If the badges were there it's highly unlikely someone would remove them.

The shift knobs would also be billet aluminum and the exhaust would port out the passenger side.

There was (is) a big trend to either paint the silver pieces black or replace them completely with black parts.

White (Iceberg) FJ's were sold immediately in Canada (so by default the roof matched).... but it took a bit for the US market to start selling the white FJ's for some reason.

As long as it's a 4x4 with a rear locker.... you're golden 😎

1 - 14 of 14 Posts