Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
you go have a nice dinner with your family, decide there's nothing on T.V. and go out wheelin at 9:30?

Maybe other's go night wheelin? it's alot of fun with all my PIAA's glowin up the trail. Saw alot of cool bats...

·
Premium Member
2,888 Posts
you go have a nice dinner with your family, decide there's nothing on T.V. and go out wheelin at 9:30?

Maybe other's go night wheelin? it's alot of fun with all my PIAA's glowin up the trail. Saw alot of cool bats...
Well, it's an addiction, all right - but there's no "off-roader's anonymous"...
Night wheeling is my favorite - there's a whole different perspective to any trail, and your world is only as large as your lights allow...more "intimate" wheeling, IMO. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
346 Posts
I'm going to jump all over this one beacause I have an addictive personality and well this is a new one for me. I'm willing to embrace it. I would do the same thing if I had gotten the M6 instead of an FJ (good choise). I'm fairly new to deep trail wheeling and I love it.
So yes its an addiction and as long as your not sell your a$$ parts then I don't see a problem.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
It is an addiction when: You refinance your home not for the lower intrests rate (even though the lower payment is nice) but to skip two house payments to get more mods.

I have not been night wheeling yet but just order my PIAA 540 series lights.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yeah we had a blast... we have this one particular obstacle that I hadn't wanted to accomplish yet..and I was talked into doing it at night... I had no problem going up it... but wouldn't go down it that night...:rofl: we did find a cool narrow grove... that's where all the bats were coning from.. flying out of the trees down the narrow trail... soo friggin cool.

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
What addiction....the pools needs cleaning.....the yard needs mowing...still haven't built the daughter's playhouse that we bought for her birthday last year.....pump house need's repair....but I need to install the y-pipe on the FJ...oh wait I'll be doing that tonight....yea I got my priorities right....note to myself....organize a trip to Moab for the end of the summer

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What addiction....the pools needs cleaning.....the yard needs mowing...still haven't built the daughter's playhouse that we bought for her birthday last year.....pump house need's repair....but I need to install the y-pipe on the FJ...oh wait I'll be doing that tonight....yea I got my priorities right....note to myself....organize a trip to Moab for the end of the summer
ahh man...let us know... every time we see a blue fj..the kids ask if it's Jack..LOL

yeah it's pretty bad, our priorities are just as jacked up as well...:rofl:

but hey at least we can say we had alot of fun...right?:rocker:

·
Premium Member
1,985 Posts
ahh man...let us know... every time we see a blue fj..the kids ask if it's Jack..LOL

yeah it's pretty bad, our priorities are just as jacked up as well...:rofl:

but hey at least we can say we had alot of fun...right?:rocker:
Oh ya, got a play while were still young(well kinda young). May be as late as Columbus day, if that is the case I think there will be a few FJ's, this would be the third annual get-to-gether. I was suppose to go last year but the BATFE inspector showed up and ruined it for me. I will let you guys know when I have set plans.

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
that damn inspector seems to always come at the wrong time for you :rofl::rofl:

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I thought the sign you were addicted was when you started parking your FJ so that you could see it from a window at work or at home and just happen to go by that window ten times an hour. I had to start parking mine away from the staff room windows....people started noticing that I would sit while eating lunch and stare at my truck......Pfffffffffft.....They just don't understand cuz they don't speak the language.

One of my co workers bought a new Mazda5......black and shiny.....All I kept thinking was "yeah I will be pulling that out of snow drifts this winter"...

VIVE LA ADDICTION!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
pft...LOL yep you know it huh!

yeah we constantly talk about how cool/aggressive/awesome Fa~jay~jay looks..

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
that's the name of our fj.... Fa~jay~jay... and believe it or not...only so many get it... :rofl:

·
Registered
534 Posts
I don't know if I get to call it an addiction yet....but I am one of those small business owners hit hard by all the cutting back. I felt PURE guilt shoving all that dinero in the gas tank in order to head off on my first real off road adventure.

I had a BAZZILION things I should have been doing, but there was ALSO a local trail ride.

Since we are newbie, I would be driving alone (a manual) and I own NO recovery gear yet....so I almost stayed home.

But the AZFJ group encouraged me to come, non recovery gear and all, and took REALLY good care of me. It was supposedly a beginner trail....but I almost [email protected] my pants a handful of times.

NEVER in my life time did I ever expect to "PURPOSELY" drive places where I would end up on just three wheels.

Anyway......it is great to have a great group of experienced people to help enable us with this crazy addiction, yet help keep us out of getting into too much trouble. (However, I was entertained watching them do the crazier stuff.)

I had some fabulous spotting and tried to follow their lines.....well... unless it looked like they were taking the crazier route!

·
Premium Member
7,676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
being with a great crew is what it's all about.

We have some great people that we go wheelin with out here in Colorado, and we go frequently.

The hubby and I also are small business owners..and know exactly where you come from when it comes to the expenditures for having fun...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts