Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
I know, that is why I would like to pre order Front Bumper. So I dont have to wait any longer than I have to. I know they are a small company, but if the demands are this high for it, they should be on the ball. If they are the only two doing the work they could, maybe hire some kid to answer the phone. All this hype to release for so long, and now it will only be produced in limited supply. . .
Would have to raise the price of the bumper to pay the kid. :)

·
Banned
668 Posts
Yup cant always get to the phone. To busy building FJC rear bumpers right now. We usually return calls with in 24hrs, same for e-mail. Looks like we took 26hrs on your e-mail. Small shop = we answer the phones/e-mail and do everything else.

I just recieved E-mail, thank's for the reply. I know you guy's are a smaller shop, I understand fully. I am a HIGHLY ANTICIPATED CUSTOMER, patiently waiting. . . .:boohoo:

·
Registered
937 Posts
The MT front tube bumper is moving to the first formal production run right now. We are just waiting for parts back from laser cutting and forming and we can start welding. Barring any delay with our powder coater we should have them back the first week of Jan. (rear bumpers will be shipping right after Christmas and our step sliders are now in stock)

You guys know the bumper and the winch mount are two separate parts? You can run the bumper w/o the winch mount if you want. The tube only part of the bumper has the four light mounts and weighs only 20lbs more than the stock bumper. The winch mount is right at 40lbs, so total is just 60lbs over the stock set up. The #1 reason we split the winch up from the bumper is to properly mount it back on the frame were it belongs and not off the less than 1/8” thin (its 3mm) front stock bumper mounts on the front of the frame. (These are the mounts with the 4 bolts) This stock bumper mount also has four crumple dimples on the frame behind them, reason #2 we don’t want a winch hanging off them. A strong side load with a winch cable will put massive undue stress on these crumple points.

·
Registered
937 Posts
All this hype to release for so long, and now it will only be produced in limited supply. . .
= Quality

We are not a “what else can we sell these guys to make $” shop. We don’t make things simpler just to make them more profitable or get them to market faster. We build what we run, and make it right here for quality control. As of right now if you get a Metal-tech brand product, it was built by one of the shop owners.

I will sign it for you too if you would like. :)

Mark

·
Registered
418 Posts
Mark
The tube bumper being separate from the winch mount. Does this mean this bumper will work with my lucrum mount?
Curt

·
Banned
668 Posts
= Quality

We are not a “what else can we sell these guys to make $” shop. We don’t make things simpler just to make them more profitable or get them to market faster. We build what we run, and make it right here for quality control. As of right now if you get a Metal-tech brand product, it was built by one of the shop owners.

I will sign it for you too if you would like. :)

Mark

Sign it with a SHARPI please :bigthumb:

·
Registered
750 Posts
The MT front tube bumper is moving to the first formal production run right now. We are just waiting for parts back from laser cutting and forming and we can start welding. Barring any delay with our powder coater we should have them back the first week of Jan. (rear bumpers will be shipping right after Christmas and our step sliders are now in stock)

Did I miss it? I haven't seen pics of the rear bumper.

K

·
Registered
259 Posts

damn thats a really hot bumper, i know i've pestered LT about this thing on the phone and it sounded like he was tired of getting phone calls! :silly: i'm almost 100% sold on this but i havent really gottend agreat side view of it yet, it looks to me that it might have a little less extention from the front end than i'd be comfortable with. looking at your otehr products it seems that you guys make some high quality stuff, but a side photo would really be great... if you get the time!

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
damn thats a really hot bumper, i know i've pestered LT about this thing on the phone and it sounded like he was tired of getting phone calls! :silly: i'm almost 100% sold on this but i havent really gottend agreat side view of it yet, it looks to me that it might have a little less extention from the front end than i'd be comfortable with. looking at your otehr products it seems that you guys make some high quality stuff, but a side photo would really be great... if you get the time!
I'll help you Mark.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Re: MT's great tubular front bumper

I love the look, but ... is it street legal, at least in OR and WA?

Does this affect the performance of the air-bag system at all?

thanks
Kurt
Don't know about the legality in OR or WA, but it has no effect on the airbag system, which is managed gyroscopically and has nothing to do with bumpers.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Its on the way, still in prototype form..
Along with the rear bumper that's been in "prototype" for months and months... Pending SAS for a few lucky folks.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Mark
The tube bumper being separate from the winch mount. Does this mean this bumper will work with my lucrum mount?
Curt

Curt,

I do not know how the Lucrum mount attaches to the frame. If it’s not off the thin front frame mounts (has the 4 bolts facing forward) then it might.

Mark

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
i dont know about you, but i would rather wait for quality then buy crap.
Gee, I wonder if that's why I've been waiting...

21 - 40 of 48 Posts