Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Customer service. So a few month ago I was upgrading all my off-road lighting and decided with my new heavier bar I would get a rezs Fab mount. When I went to check out I saw shipping was $25 bucks. I was a little shocked and emailed them asking if it were right or if I can have a discount. They said that's the shipping cost and they could not give me any discounts. So after debating I pulled the trigger. Once I got the mounts they were cracked a true bend points. Of course paying a premium for them I emailed them again and they told me it was normal and I should have an issue. About a week later a guy from the FJ group I run asked me about them. I said for his bar the eBay ones I had for years would fine but the resz ones were pretty heavy duty. He decided to order the rezs and it just so happened a week after I got mine his were one sale almost $30 off. So naturally I was annoyed as I just expressed my concern for being overcharged on shipping. But I let it be. 2 weeks later he still did not have his brackets. He told me he had then called and it seemed like the lady he spoke to had no clue what was really going on and said that they were probably backordered. at first I couldn't even find his order so naturally he was very annoyed. I gave him my old eBay ones and they work fine for him the day after he did the install his rezsfab ones showed up. Like what the hell. today I got an email from them saying they were doing a Black Friday sale so I jumped on the website one last time to take a look around and I wanted to get a set of dynamic bulbs for my mirrors so I said what the hell and I put them in my basket when I went to check out the bulbs himself for $10 and shipping was $15!!! For tiny LED bulbs....... Come on. I did email them and they offered to send thru USPS cheaper. But at this point I'm done. I run a statewide FJ group and at the next meet I will be making sure everyone is aware of this and the issues other members had. ...........

Sorry half venting and half wondering if anyone else has had issues

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Customer service. So a few month ago I was upgrading all my off-road lighting and decided with my new heavier bar I would get a rezs Fab mount. When I went to check out I saw shipping was $25 bucks. I was a little shocked and emailed them asking if it were right or if I can have a discount. They said that's the shipping cost and they could not give me any discounts. So after debating I pulled the trigger. Once I got the mounts they were cracked a true bend points. Of course paying a premium for them I emailed them again and they told me it was normal and I should have an issue. About a week later a guy from the FJ group I run asked me about them. I said for his bar the eBay ones I had for years would fine but the resz ones were pretty heavy duty. He decided to order the rezs and it just so happened a week after I got mine his were one sale almost $30 off. So naturally I was annoyed as I just expressed my concern for being overcharged on shipping. But I let it be. 2 weeks later he still did not have his brackets. He told me he had then called and it seemed like the lady he spoke to had no clue what was really going on and said that they were probably backordered. at first I couldn't even find his order so naturally he was very annoyed. I gave him my old eBay ones and they work fine for him the day after he did the install his rezsfab ones showed up. Like what the hell. today I got an email from them saying they were doing a Black Friday sale so I jumped on the website one last time to take a look around and I wanted to get a set of dynamic bulbs for my mirrors so I said what the hell and I put them in my basket when I went to check out the bulbs himself for $10 and shipping was $15!!! For tiny LED bulbs....... Come on. I did email them and they offered to send thru USPS cheaper. But at this point I'm done. I run a statewide FJ group and at the next meet I will be making sure everyone is aware of this and the issues other members had. ...........

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,801 Posts
I think its always best to bash a great company that builds great products for the FJ since very few still build products for these . I also think its great to bash that company because of shipping cost . What FJ group do you run ? I will be sure to bash and talk down on that group to every FJ owner i know . Thank you

·
Registered
402 Posts

As I told you before you are more than welcome to send those back and I'll send you a new set at absolutely no cost to you...

Anthony: "Got my brackets today. I can definitely see a huge difference. Thanks. However I noticed they both have cracks in them I can try to get better pics if you want "
RESZ: "Unfortunately that happens sometimes depending on the material we use and the amount of pressure we're using in the brake. Out of the hundreds of sets we've sold of those we haven't had one fail yet from that little tear (or anything else for that matter). If you'd feel more comfortable sending them back for a set that doesn't have that, I understand. Just let me know. I'll have to look to see what we have here."
Anthony: "if you think they'll be fine no reason wasting money shipping stuff back and forth. They have lifetime warranty anyways correct? "
RESZ: "Yes that's correct. If it gets worse, we'll replace them. "
Anthony: "Great, thanks! "

I'm not really following as to where you had the "horrible customer service" experience... Especially when it comes to shipping costs that are kind of out of our hands since they're automatically generated through the FedEx API on the website. You complained twice about the shipping costs of products to Montana. The first time back in August I told you that if you found a better rate with a different carrier, I would gladly honor it. The second time you complained about the Fedex quote on our website for two LED bulbs. I agreed and said we could ship them via USPS for half the FedEx cost. All communications and shipping were prompt and friendly. What am I missing?? How could I have improved this experience for you?

PRIVATE EMAIL SCREENSHOTS removed.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Furthermore... You sent this at 10:10AM this morning: "Hey I know we have talked shipping before. But 15bucks to ship 2 LED bulbs? Is soemthing wrong with your system? "

At 10:17AM I responded with this: Those are Fedex prices. USPS would be about half that. If you place the order, just let me know and I'll adjust and refund the difference.

At 10:31AM you decided it was necessary to come here and bash our company over what you're calling "horrible customer service".

I'll admit, we certainly don't have the best customer service here due to the fact we're such a small company and I'm constantly running trying to tend to a million things like welding, grinding, cutting, bending, picking up parts, dropping parts off, answering phone calls, emails, texts, PMs, and lovely posts like this, but to say you experienced "horrible customer service" is just ridiculous...

Have a nice day!

·
トヨタ Master
6,427 Posts
I wouldn't lose any sleep over that. I mean the whole piece is thicker than any one component on an FJ chassis and will be the last thing to fail.

·
トヨタ Master
6,427 Posts
I've got the rear panhard bar. It's top notch and I do about 30 Toyota suspension installs/year. Never seen a bad part from Resz.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
Old story. Resz will come defend and then bad customer service happens again. Then his guy helper goes online and does the same. Just don't support the companies that don't do it for you OP. Thanks for sharing your story. I'm still waiting for my email back from Resz CS from 2017 lol.

We get it that you other guys love your products but it's fine to point out their mistakes too to keep other from receiving the same service. If the company wants to improve, do so. Not just while people are looking IMO. Otherwise, keep up the good work and your parts will speak for themselves.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited by Moderator)
There would be no reason to bash my group as we don't have bad customer service. The fact res had to go post email only showing what I already said confirms how the customer svc really is. But seems like people here already know that.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
Honestly before today I was giving them benifets of the doubt I mean I was gonna buy more stuff even after 2 other members of my group had issues . Bit that's just shipping gouging. We shall see if they actually replace it when it breaks

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've got no problem playing the waiting game when it comes to the fj. I'd rather support start ups who are apart of the community and care rather than go on amazon and support a massive corporation where you're just a number. Wasn't long ago resz was doing it out of his garage. Speaking of resz I need to take advantage of that sale and get some rock sliders :cool:

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
As I told you before you are more than welcome to send those back and I'll send you a new set at absolutely no cost to you...

Anthony: "Got my brackets today. I can definitely see a huge difference. Thanks. However I noticed they both have cracks in them I can try to get better pics if you want "
RESZ: "Unfortunately that happens sometimes depending on the material we use and the amount of pressure we're using in the brake. Out of the hundreds of sets we've sold of those we haven't had one fail yet from that little tear (or anything else for that matter). If you'd feel more comfortable sending them back for a set that doesn't have that, I understand. Just let me know. I'll have to look to see what we have here."
Anthony: "if you think they'll be fine no reason wasting money shipping stuff back and forth. They have lifetime warranty anyways correct? "
RESZ: "Yes that's correct. If it gets worse, we'll replace them. "
Anthony: "Great, thanks! "

I'm not really following as to where you had the "horrible customer service" experience... Especially when it comes to shipping costs that are kind of out of our hands since they're automatically generated through the FedEx API on the website. You complained twice about the shipping costs of products to Montana. The first time back in August I told you that if you found a better rate with a different carrier, I would gladly honor it. The second time you complained about the Fedex quote on our website for two LED bulbs. I agreed and said we could ship them via USPS for half the FedEx cost. All communications and shipping were prompt and friendly. What am I missing?? How could I have improved this experience for you?

PRIVATE EMAIL SCREENSHOTS removed.

I love how you changed all the emails haha. Yes you did offer to have me find it cheaper and even fedex was cheaper. Your rates are jacked up especially since you get commercial shipping anyways. As for me finding my own shipping that your job as a company to offer. You clearly can offer cheap shipping but you don't. until someone complains in addition you dint offer it to me when I got my light bar bracket. Yes you did with the LEDS. so yes poor customer service. Then trying to charge $15 shipping on $10 bulbs claiming that what fedex charges. No they don't. its not hard to check shipping cost myself. I ship everday. You are shipping gouging to add more money to your wallet. Again bad customer service. The guy in my group still does have his skid plate that was pre-ordered and promised to him. Bad customer service and I also explained that you guys "lost" another one of my guys orders then it showed up the next day after he called twice. Then on top of that you sent me broken product claiming it would be fine but offered me to send it back to you at my own shipping cost. No thanks I had already complained about your shipping once. Why would I double pay for YOUR mistake?

Now you want to know how to improve the experience all of a sudden to make your self look nice online.

For starters grow up don't try and post the emails we sent back and forth this isn't 8th grade. Perhaps if you wernt on the forums all day you could focus on getting your orders shipped out and done. maybe even cut costs. This post dint need a reponce from you if you really had concerns you would have emailed me directly.

2 you said you know you have bad customer service then train your people and hire more. You losing more business by not having yourself set up for success. Customer service is number 1!
3 people in my group in the past 2 months have had issues with your company!

I bought your product thinking this would be some place where our group could have maybe another sponcer or a place to direct my guys and now I will make sure all 150+ members the bad customer experience we had. Its just a shame. In all honestly you have clearly done this kind of stuff online before. Perhaps its time to grow up a little.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.