Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JULY's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RR Diff Locker and ATRAC stop working. My local dealership (Elmore Toyota) doesn't know how to fix anything. They had the car for at least 12 hrs and still they want more time to diagnose the issue because they have no clue what's going on. They still wont give me a damn rental car even after they had my car for more then 12hrs.:flame:

So I'm basically looking for a good dealer service in LA or OC county who is aware of this issue and can have this fix w/out tearing my FJ apart? Anyone know of a good service manager I can speak to at Longo? Claremont? etc...

Thanks in advance:cheers:

·
Registered
77 Posts
I've always had good luck with service at Marina Del Rey Toyota with my Tacoma. My experience with Miller Toyota in Culver City has been pretty good as well, though limited (they installed roof lights, no other service so far).

...can't help out with anything closer to the OC though.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Torrance Toyota and Miller in Culver City have been good so far. We just had a M&G at Claremont and they seemed like cool people. Their facilities are great. Don't know about their service. Tony (FJAMMING) will probably be able to give better advise on Claremont.

·
Premium Member
7,729 Posts
My RR Diff Locker and ATRAC stop working. My local dealership (Elmore Toyota) doesn't know how to fix anything. They had the car for at least 12 hrs and still they want more time to diagnose the issue because they have no clue what's going on. They still wont give me a damn rental car even after they had my car for more then 12hrs.:flame:

So I'm basically looking for a good dealer service in LA or OC county who is aware of this issue and can have this fix w/out tearing my FJ apart? Anyone know of a good service manager I can speak to at Longo? Claremont? etc...

Thanks in advance:cheers:
As for diagnosing a problem, All dealers take forever, It's the mechanics who are backloged with work, it took them over 9 hours to fix my squeaky clutch pedal. as for the rental car, hmm, not sure what to tell ya on that one, I only got offered a shuttle one way and had to find my own way back.
From what I've seen of Clairemont though It might be worth d drive over to them, they are very FJ freindly. i live 2 hours away but I will be bringing mine there next time I have an issue unless I find a descent SanDiego dealer.

·
Premium Member
18,479 Posts
thanks for the feedback, I'll see what the guys at Claremont can do to fix this issue.
If you want to have a rental, make sure you schedule in advance and made it be known that you need transportation. They won't offer it to you if you don't ask for it.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Toyota of Tustin

and

Toyota of Ranch Santa Margarita

They both get my seal of approval. (not that my seal of approval has any significance)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts