Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OR AM I THE ONLY ONE DOWN HERE IN FORT LAUDERDALE THAT HAS FJ LOVE CUZ ALL I SEE IS SOCCER MOMS DRIVING THEM AND IM JUST A BIT LONELY DOWN HERE!:boohoo:

·
Registered
167 Posts
well there are quite a few that regularly wheel in central fl, bit of a drive. If your worried about your nice paint job i must warn ya that we go thru alot of trails and tight spots. War wounds. but keep looking you'lll see rides pop up.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will Do Dude Thanks And Maybe I'll Make A Trip Out There One Day

·
Registered
192 Posts
i live in boca raton and i need a wheelin buddy...the guys i have gone with dont go as much as i want to

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Awesome Dude Yeah I Always Want To Go But I Get Busy But I At Least 1 To 3 Times A Month Around Town And Im Hopefully Planning A Big Trip To Holylands

·
Registered
147 Posts
How's Big Cypress Preserve down there? Pretty much need an air boat to get around?

Any worthwhile trails down there? If there were, I bet some of us would make a trip - I'm just sayin' ;)

·
Registered
806 Posts
I am in Miramar. Haven't been wheeling yet but would be nice to see other faces. I agree with the soccer moms.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have a few spots GPS'd that are closer to FT Myers that Ive been itchin to explore. This would be a very close half way point between you and us Central FL FJ'ers!!

I'll get those coords off my GPS and do a little google earthing to explore them to see if its even worth it, but I think our gang would gladly caravan down if you'd be interested...?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah man that sounds awesome!!
and i almost got ran off the road by a soccer mom in a sun fusion FJ what a shame

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well there are quite a few that regularly wheel in central fl, bit of a drive. If your worried about your nice paint job i must warn ya that we go thru alot of trails and tight spots. War wounds. but keep looking you'lll see rides pop up.
hey Krooked grind im guessing you skate
have you ever skated down here at a skate park called Pompano Indoor Skatepark
PIS for short?

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
off topic i know but i just had to ask

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
You guys should try to hook up with DOM & AL on this forum. They used to come up here and wheel but, the have been absent lately (I think they still have their rigs). I know they have done some wheeling in your area. In any event hope we can get together at some point. K

On a side not my teenage kids and I were talking after listening to Stern on the radio and I had to explain "taint" and they told me the kids now call that "gooch" so you might want to rethink the name thing:). K

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha Yeah I Know Haha Its A Nick Name I Earn Back In My Skateboarding Days Cuz Some One Couldn't Say My Last Name Lol

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
Haven't been wheeling yet but would be nice to see other faces. I agree with the soccer moms.
Doesn't that kind of make ya a soccer kid? J/K where ya been? I was hopin you'd drive up for the Jam in Wesley Chapel (you woulda had fun). Hope your close to actually takin that sucker into the dirt and bustin her cherry! K

·
Registered
189 Posts
Let me know when your in Ft.myers, I'll try to get out there with you guys. It's hard for me to make it out to the Tampa outings, but I really want to try to make it to one of your next rides.

·
Registered
192 Posts
You guys should try to hook up with DOM & AL on this forum. They used to come up here and wheel but, the have been absent lately (I think they still have their rigs). I know they have done some wheeling in your area. In any event hope we can get together at some point. K

On a side not my teenage kids and I were talking after listening to Stern on the radio and I had to explain "taint" and they told me the kids now call that "gooch" so you might want to rethink the name thing:). K
i work out with AL. I have asked him a few times to go out with me but he is busy every weekend...

·
Registered
235 Posts
I am in the fort lauderdale area. I used to trail with the jeepers from JEEPTALK.net - Jeepers Welcome! back when i had my TJ. I haven't had the luxury of taking the FJ out with them yet, but a good majority of them are interested in seeing what she can do... Word to the wise, these guys like mudding in Bear Island, and getting wet in Corbett ORV in West palm. They also have a couple of private spots they enjoy going to. Overall, they are a good group of older & wiser offroaders. LOL..

Personally, i want to make a trip up to the west coast and ride with Paulthephotographer, FLwakebed and those guys in the Ocala forest and there other spots. If any of you are up for the drive one day, count me in.

Dan

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
i work out with AL. I have asked him a few times to go out with me but he is busy every weekend...
Dom & Al used to be quite active and came up here a couple times for rides. Hopefully you can get them and their very capable rigs back into the fray. K

·
Registered
192 Posts
Dom & Al used to be quite active and came up here a couple times for rides. Hopefully you can get them and their very capable rigs back into the fray. K
yea...ill see what i can do but i wanted to go up to tampa over that labor day weekend...it will be my first time going over there and i really wanna go...

·
Registered
167 Posts
off topic i know but i just had to ask
yeah i skate, havent been there(not a big park fan) street is my fav i hit downtowns of almost every city. my friend down south is in tight at MIA so thats where i go if i'm south but cocoa beach has a real nice flow course built by team pain(everything they make is gold).

1 - 20 of 39 Posts