Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I went to a dealer last night, in the hopes of test driving, and discussing some pricing options. This is what I want: 4x4, silver, auto, conv.pkg, running boards, alloys, & VIP sec. The saleman was absolutely terrible, and wouldn't do anything that I asked him:flame: . But, he countered with this:

4X4 Silver, Auto
Conv. Pkg.
Upgrade Pkg. #1
Running Boards
VIP Sec.
(6 Weeks on Order Delivery)
for: $27,700.00

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL? ANY SUGGESTIONS ON NEGOTIATING? ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED. Thanks!

·
Registered
300 Posts
Patch you got me curious now...........thanks
You sound like a dealer...........hmmmmmmmm
Sounds like you need to give some inside information rather than trying to sell on the forums...........UNLESS of course you kickin this dude a sweet deal??????

·
Registered
242 Posts
Ok, I went to a dealer last night, in the hopes of test driving, and discussing some pricing options. This is what I want: 4x4, silver, auto, conv.pkg, running boards, alloys, & VIP sec. The saleman was absolutely terrible, and wouldn't do anything that I asked him:flame: . But, he countered with this:

4X4 Silver, Auto
Conv. Pkg.
Upgrade Pkg. #1
Running Boards
VIP Sec.
(6 Weeks on Order Delivery)
for: $27,700.00

IS THIS A GOOD DEAL? ANY SUGGESTIONS ON NEGOTIATING? ANY ADVICE APPRECIATED. Thanks!
Eddi-check out hesseryoyota.com.There located in janesville wi.There selling at wholesale prices.I live in madison and wish I would have noticed there sale.Its most likely a couple hour drive from were your at but you'd save a lot.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Scottsfire,
No I am not a dealer. It's really pretty simple. Contact as many dealers as you are willing to travel to. In my case Colorado and Minneapolis are my "travel area". I solicited quotes from about 10 dealers and pretty much told them I was looking for and that I wasn't going to bother negotiating and they had one shot (keep in mind I am not extremely picky in what I want). The bids came back in from MSRP to $2500 under. I made a few calls to the ones that looked good and verified some details...doc fee, taxes, license & title...the particulars. My local dealer is $800 over MSRP and getting it all day long....thus I am pretty much forced to travel in order to get a "deal". The next closest dealer in 150 miles away and also located in a small town.

I also read numerous post and contacted many individuals that belong to this forum (at one point I considered going to Boston for the $500 over invoice deal I read about). Also I am also contemplating the extended warranty deal from the F&I guy in Idaho (prior posts from this forum).

As far as your comment on selling on this forum....not me. As far as I am concerned I am just giving back to the forum a bit of updated info.....as some previous earlier owners did for me.

Sounds like you need to give some inside information rather than trying to sell on the forums...........UNLESS of course you kickin this dude a sweet deal??????

·
Registered
572 Posts
Patch is just returning the favor that some of us gave him. Look and travel. FJ deals are out there to be had.

Damn Patch, I still cant believe the deal your getting! I thought 500 under was good, and I guess it was at the time!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Contact as many dealers as you are willing to travel to. ... solicited quotes from about 10 dealers and pretty much told them I was looking for ... made a few calls to the ones that looked good and verified some details
Yep, that's the way to do it - it's how I got $2,274 under sticker.

As time goes on and supply/demand balances it'll only get easier.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I have one coming in pretty loaded up. $2500 back of MSRP out of MPLS. PM me if you want more info.
Nice job Patch....!
Thanks for sharing your strategy....
If you don't mind sharing more info, who did you ask to speak to when you are calling the Stealership? Is it the Fleet Manager or Internet Manager? I hate talking to the sales guy who does not understand about FJC, not to mention their "yo-yo" deals.

:redblob:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Nice job Patch....!
Thanks for sharing your strategy....
If you don't mind sharing more info, who did you ask to speak to when you are calling the Stealership? Is it the Fleet Manager or Internet Manager? I hate talking to the sales guy who does not understand about FJC, not to mention their "yo-yo" deals.

:redblob:

To start I did everything via the internet (i.e. Looking for a Blk Cherry, 4x4, AT, w/Option pkg #1). The response would usually come from the Internet Mgr. stating what they had or what they had coming in and a phone # to call if I needed more info (some emailed me the "dealer inquiry sheet"). I did due diligence to all the dealers....meaning I did take the time to respond with a follow up email or a phone call....depending if it met my needs. Also I advised in my original email that I was a serious buyer and that I was sending this to numerous dealers ...and I would name the ones in their area. I was honest and very upfront about the whole process. No need to string anyone along. I let the market determine the price. When I originally started the whole thing, I was expecting to pay something similar to that of 20Montana (and was comfortable with that)....but obviously the market is getting a little more soft in some geographical areas. The whole process took a week....which gives you plenty of time to ask or search this forum question (if need be).

·
Registered
763 Posts
It's a nice deal but see if there is a better deal out there. I have a FJ with package 2 and no roof rack, no trailer hitch, no front skid plate, but everything else for $29,500 in March but my parent paid for it! It was a gift for my 21st B-Day/Graduation2007. It's a great truck you really won't be disappointed. Today I had the greatest tailgate party at Solider's Field, The Chicago Bears are truly the MONSTERS OF THE MIDWAY! GO BEARS 40 , Buffulo 7. I really like my satellite in my FJ!!!!!

·
Registered
572 Posts
I have a FJ with package 2 and no roof rack, no trailer hitch, no front skid plate, but everything else for $29,500 in March but my parent paid for it! It was a gift for my 21st B-Day/Graduation2007.
Spoiled Brat!:D Just Kidding!!!!!!!!!!! You had better send them a Christmas Card!
I was blessed with a near new 77 Trans Am, when I was officially out of the nest! Damn, wish I still had it.:mecry:

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
GO BEARS!!!!! I have to say, this year may be the year my friend. Maybe we should take our FJ's to the Super Bowl!!!!

Anyway, I think I may have found a better deal. 4x4, Upgrade 1, for $27,300, with Running Boards, VIP sec., armrest, etc. But, it's yet to be worked out fully. I'll keep you posted on what comes of it.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Patch,
Your preachin to the choir cuz.........I couldn't agree with you more.
See my thread on buying an FJ in Colorado where I detail all the dealerships etc.
But your right...........

·
Registered
21 Posts
I didn't remeber where I picked up some of the tips....but your post was definitely one that is must read for any geographical area. Also the vehicle configuration calculator is invaluable...although I did hear there is a bump in base price of a couple of hunderd bucks...so it may need an update (not sure 100% though).

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have one coming in pretty loaded up. $2500 back of MSRP out of MPLS. PM me if you want more info.
The best I can do so far in the midwest is $1K off MSRP from a dealership out in IA and it's in stock, which I can't say for any of the dealers around here. Hey patch, you got pm.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts