1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Man...sweet price. Anyone have any experience with this?

Magnum Air 4 HP 15 Gallon Upright Air Compressor 1670

Magnum Air 4 HP 15 Gallon Upright Air Compressor 1670 - eBay (item 350103404842 end time Dec-28-08 04:34:43 PST)

I've been goin nuts on ebay with that microsoft 30% rebate deal...LOL...figured this might be a good time to get me some air tools and a compressor!!!

Thanks for the input!

I am guessing you are referring to having this at home, not something you would bring on the trail?
If so, i would suggest CO2 tanks over compressors, so will anyone that has run both.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback so far. This one is strictly for the garage...I have a viair setup onboard which is awesome...this one is to make life easier when I'm wrenching at home....

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Hey Guys, thanks for the feedback so far. This one is strictly for the garage...I have a viair setup onboard which is awesome...this one is to make life easier when I'm wrenching at home....

Thanks,
Ah, okay. I was about to say that looks a little large for in the cargo area.

·
Catalyst
9,237 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LOL! :)

I sent the seller a question about the unit...hopefully they will respond soon. I'm wondering if it's adequate to run air tools, and whether or not it will die within a few weeks of use! The price seems too good to be true. We'll see...

·
Premium Member
2,504 Posts
For air tools I would go bigger. the specs for the CFM looks a little low. It could run the tools, but would cycle frequently.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
For air tools I would go bigger. the specs for the CFM looks a little low. It could run the tools, but would cycle frequently.
x2. I haven't used them a lot, but at my dads shop he has one. It is about 5 times larger than that one and even it cycles a good bit from moderate use.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts